Op/Ed to my hometown paper (on smoking laws)

Sevenstars

At least here, creating no smoking restaurants/areas does nothing except create a wall-o-smoke that you have to pass to enter the building. Even at the hospital I go to. :/

I'm not sure what the way around that is though - as much as I dislike smoking, I do think people should have the right to be idiots and destroy their own lungs if they so choose, so a total smoking ban is out. Also, it'd never fly... cigarettes make way too much money.

Good letter though. As other people suggested, you might want to toss in some actual statistics.

Sevenstars

At least here, creating no smoking restaurants/areas does nothing except create a wall-o-smoke that you have to pass to enter the building. Even at the hospital I go to. :/

I'm not sure what the way around that is though - as much as I dislike smoking, I do think people should have the right to be idiots and destroy their own lungs if they so choose, so a total smoking ban is out. Also, it'd never fly... cigarettes make way too much money.

Good letter though. As other people suggested, you might want to toss in some actual statistics.

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Sevenstars