Oral antibiotics while pregnant

candi1976

Hey everyone, I was just curious to what antibiotics that you took while pregnant, and how the babies turned out. Im very cautious to what medicines that I take while pregnant but do not want to get an infection either. I am 15 weeks pregnant and have Mrsa and Psuedomonas. I am not sick yet but I am having increased coughing sense about 8 weeks pregnant, the fluid is clear but its not going away either. Do you think that its just pregnancy related ? I dont feel bad at all, although I do have a mild case of asthma with my cf. Sorry for the long post. Any ideas ?Any feedback would be greatly appreaciated, thanks so much. Any ideas?

candi1976

Hey everyone, I was just curious to what antibiotics that you took while pregnant, and how the babies turned out. Im very cautious to what medicines that I take while pregnant but do not want to get an infection either. I am 15 weeks pregnant and have Mrsa and Psuedomonas. I am not sick yet but I am having increased coughing sense about 8 weeks pregnant, the fluid is clear but its not going away either. Do you think that its just pregnancy related ? I dont feel bad at all, although I do have a mild case of asthma with my cf. Sorry for the long post. Any ideas ?Any feedback would be greatly appreaciated, thanks so much. Any ideas?

candi1976

candi1976

candi1976

jbrandonAW

I took cipro. Most of the time though my docs thought it best to just bring me in for IVs. They didn't want to take those 2 weeks to "wait and see" b/c of the effect it might have on the babies growth.

I was on IV's 3 times durng pregnancy - 1 x @ 8 weeks, 1 x @ 22 weeks, and then they put me in at 33 weeks for a tune up and I delievered at 35 weeks.

My daughter was perfectly healthy (aside from being preemature). She did have jaundice but most babies get jaundice. She is 18 months old now and EXTREMELY smart and outgoing and happy and HEALTHY -never sick!

It very important to attack everything very aggressively while pregnant. If you body is having to take time out to tend to it being sick its less nutrients and things going to the baby resulting in slow/no growth and potantial problems.

Make sure you are seeing a perinatlologist. I was getting around 2 ultrasounds a month my whole pregnancy to monitor growth

jbrandonAW

I took cipro. Most of the time though my docs thought it best to just bring me in for IVs. They didn't want to take those 2 weeks to "wait and see" b/c of the effect it might have on the babies growth.

I was on IV's 3 times durng pregnancy - 1 x @ 8 weeks, 1 x @ 22 weeks, and then they put me in at 33 weeks for a tune up and I delievered at 35 weeks.

My daughter was perfectly healthy (aside from being preemature). She did have jaundice but most babies get jaundice. She is 18 months old now and EXTREMELY smart and outgoing and happy and HEALTHY -never sick!

It very important to attack everything very aggressively while pregnant. If you body is having to take time out to tend to it being sick its less nutrients and things going to the baby resulting in slow/no growth and potantial problems.

Make sure you are seeing a perinatlologist. I was getting around 2 ultrasounds a month my whole pregnancy to monitor growth

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />I was on IV's 3 times durng pregnancy - 1 x @ 8 weeks, 1 x @ 22 weeks, and then they put me in at 33 weeks for a tune up and I delievered at 35 weeks.
<br />
<br />My daughter was perfectly healthy (aside from being preemature). She did have jaundice but most babies get jaundice. She is 18 months old now and EXTREMELY smart and outgoing and happy and HEALTHY -never sick!
<br />
<br />It very important to attack everything very aggressively while pregnant. If you body is having to take time out to tend to it being sick its less nutrients and things going to the baby resulting in slow/no growth and potantial problems.
<br />
<br />Make sure you are seeing a perinatlologist. I was getting around 2 ultrasounds a month my whole pregnancy to monitor growth

Jeana

I was hospitalized three times for IV antibiotics (14 wks, 21 wks, 31 wks). I also have both MRSA and PA. Anyway, I always took a combo of antibiotics, including Ceftazidime (Fortraz), Colistin, Tobramycin and Vancomycin.

We induced Alex 3 weeks early and he was an 8/9 on the Apgar score. He was 6 pounds 7 ounces and healthy, other than some mild jaundice which corrected itself.

My advice would be to take care of it before it gets bad. By waiting, I either cracked a rib or threw one out of place from coughing so much. They never did confirm which since we didn't want to X-ray while I was pregnant.

Jeana

I was hospitalized three times for IV antibiotics (14 wks, 21 wks, 31 wks). I also have both MRSA and PA. Anyway, I always took a combo of antibiotics, including Ceftazidime (Fortraz), Colistin, Tobramycin and Vancomycin.

We induced Alex 3 weeks early and he was an 8/9 on the Apgar score. He was 6 pounds 7 ounces and healthy, other than some mild jaundice which corrected itself.

My advice would be to take care of it before it gets bad. By waiting, I either cracked a rib or threw one out of place from coughing so much. They never did confirm which since we didn't want to X-ray while I was pregnant.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />
<br />We induced Alex 3 weeks early and he was an 8/9 on the Apgar score. He was 6 pounds 7 ounces and healthy, other than some mild jaundice which corrected itself.
<br />
<br />My advice would be to take care of it before it gets bad. By waiting, I either cracked a rib or threw one out of place from coughing so much. They never did confirm which since we didn't want to X-ray while I was pregnant.

asouthgate

Hi there,
I am 26 wks pregnant right now and am currently being treated for a chest infection. Like you, I also have MRSA and pseudomonas and they have put me on Cipro to hopefully clear up the infection. I also take inhaled tobra twice daily since the beginning of my pregnancy. I'll admit I'm very nervous about it, but obviously there is nothing I can do, I have to get better for my baby. I know someone close to me who had to be treated with Cipro during her prenancy years ago and her son turned out fine. Also, from what I've read on the forum a lot of others have had same positive results.

It's frustrating because I was doing so well, and being so careful about trying not to get sick. It's sucks having CF and being pregnant, there's so much to worry about.

But generally speaking I've been doing fine. I will say tho that since being pregnant I've definatly had increased cough, not infection tho, and from what I've read that is just a crazy hormone thing that makes your body produce more mucus and stuff, even people w/o CF have those symptoms too. I think main thing is to keep up with treatments and meds and hope for the best. Anyways, keep up the good work, you sound like your off to a really good start!

asouthgate

Hi there,
I am 26 wks pregnant right now and am currently being treated for a chest infection. Like you, I also have MRSA and pseudomonas and they have put me on Cipro to hopefully clear up the infection. I also take inhaled tobra twice daily since the beginning of my pregnancy. I'll admit I'm very nervous about it, but obviously there is nothing I can do, I have to get better for my baby. I know someone close to me who had to be treated with Cipro during her prenancy years ago and her son turned out fine. Also, from what I've read on the forum a lot of others have had same positive results.

It's frustrating because I was doing so well, and being so careful about trying not to get sick. It's sucks having CF and being pregnant, there's so much to worry about.

But generally speaking I've been doing fine. I will say tho that since being pregnant I've definatly had increased cough, not infection tho, and from what I've read that is just a crazy hormone thing that makes your body produce more mucus and stuff, even people w/o CF have those symptoms too. I think main thing is to keep up with treatments and meds and hope for the best. Anyways, keep up the good work, you sound like your off to a really good start!

asouthgate

Hi there,

asouthgate

Hi there,

asouthgate

Hi there,
<br />I am 26 wks pregnant right now and am currently being treated for a chest infection. Like you, I also have MRSA and pseudomonas and they have put me on Cipro to hopefully clear up the infection. I also take inhaled tobra twice daily since the beginning of my pregnancy. I'll admit I'm very nervous about it, but obviously there is nothing I can do, I have to get better for my baby. I know someone close to me who had to be treated with Cipro during her prenancy years ago and her son turned out fine. Also, from what I've read on the forum a lot of others have had same positive results.
<br />
<br />It's frustrating because I was doing so well, and being so careful about trying not to get sick. It's sucks having CF and being pregnant, there's so much to worry about.
<br />
<br />But generally speaking I've been doing fine. I will say tho that since being pregnant I've definatly had increased cough, not infection tho, and from what I've read that is just a crazy hormone thing that makes your body produce more mucus and stuff, even people w/o CF have those symptoms too. I think main thing is to keep up with treatments and meds and hope for the best. Anyways, keep up the good work, you sound like your off to a really good start!