Order of med's

creation301

We have had a really rough winter and have been doing 3 to 4 treatments almost all winter. AT the last clinic they said that we could probably drop down to 2 or 3. Then they also added pulmozyme back into our arsenal.

I know hyper and pulmo. work very differently, but our clinic didn't seem to want us to take them together. I am not sure why, I know they are both considered to thin (I know differently) mucus. Anyway, I was sure that some of you on here took both of them together. Which one is first, and do your clinics explain why or why not?

I would love to only do two treatments and then use the puffer and acapella for the middle of the day, but my clinic wanted us to drop one of the hypertonics in the am. I am not willing to do that since I can clearly see that it makes her cough. A

Anyway, if you can help i would really appreciate it. Thank you.

creation301

We have had a really rough winter and have been doing 3 to 4 treatments almost all winter. AT the last clinic they said that we could probably drop down to 2 or 3. Then they also added pulmozyme back into our arsenal.

I know hyper and pulmo. work very differently, but our clinic didn't seem to want us to take them together. I am not sure why, I know they are both considered to thin (I know differently) mucus. Anyway, I was sure that some of you on here took both of them together. Which one is first, and do your clinics explain why or why not?

I would love to only do two treatments and then use the puffer and acapella for the middle of the day, but my clinic wanted us to drop one of the hypertonics in the am. I am not willing to do that since I can clearly see that it makes her cough. A

creation301

creation301

creation301

<br />
<br />I know hyper and pulmo. work very differently, but our clinic didn't seem to want us to take them together. I am not sure why, I know they are both considered to thin (I know differently) mucus. Anyway, I was sure that some of you on here took both of them together. Which one is first, and do your clinics explain why or why not?
<br />
<br />I would love to only do two treatments and then use the puffer and acapella for the middle of the day, but my clinic wanted us to drop one of the hypertonics in the am. I am not willing to do that since I can clearly see that it makes her cough. A
<br />
<br />Anyway, if you can help i would really appreciate it. Thank you.

M

Mommafirst

I just went and grabbed our homegoing instruction form, which lists the meds in the correct order. It says Hyper Sal comes before pulmozyme.

I have no clue the rationale, but I'm sure someone will.

M

Mommafirst

I just went and grabbed our homegoing instruction form, which lists the meds in the correct order. It says Hyper Sal comes before pulmozyme.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I have no clue the rationale, but I'm sure someone will.

cfbites

Dear creation301,

I feel your pain. You are raising a point that is the most frustrating thing about this disease: the lack of a standard method of care. First, I am not a doctor and nothing I say should be considered medical advice.

You couldn't pay me to drop my dose of Hypertonic (HTS) in the morning. It's what clears my lungs out after sleeping. The evening dose is equally important for me. The benefits I get from HTS and pulmozyme are entirely different. Pulmozyme has no immediate affect on my ability to loosen the mucus. Pulmozyme works differently for me. My clinic recommends that I do xopenex, HTS and pulmozyme in that order. Their logic is that the HTS clears out more of the mucus for the pulmozyme to get in better and do its work.

There are 100s of posts on this valuable web site that discuss med order and compelling arguments about different orders. However, I haven't seen many about dropping a dose of HTS. Also, trust your gut. And then go back and get a better understanding of your CF team's logic. I'd be interested in knowing what it is. I'm sure others here would be interested, too. There are lot of experts here.

Hope I've helped.

cfbites

Dear creation301,

I feel your pain. You are raising a point that is the most frustrating thing about this disease: the lack of a standard method of care. First, I am not a doctor and nothing I say should be considered medical advice.

You couldn't pay me to drop my dose of Hypertonic (HTS) in the morning. It's what clears my lungs out after sleeping. The evening dose is equally important for me. The benefits I get from HTS and pulmozyme are entirely different. Pulmozyme has no immediate affect on my ability to loosen the mucus. Pulmozyme works differently for me. My clinic recommends that I do xopenex, HTS and pulmozyme in that order. Their logic is that the HTS clears out more of the mucus for the pulmozyme to get in better and do its work.

There are 100s of posts on this valuable web site that discuss med order and compelling arguments about different orders. However, I haven't seen many about dropping a dose of HTS. Also, trust your gut. And then go back and get a better understanding of your CF team's logic. I'd be interested in knowing what it is. I'm sure others here would be interested, too. There are lot of experts here.

Hope I've helped.

cfbites

Dear creation301,

Hope I've helped.

cfbites

Dear creation301,

Hope I've helped.

cfbites

Dear creation301,
<br />
<br />I feel your pain. You are raising a point that is the most frustrating thing about this disease: the lack of a standard method of care. First, I am not a doctor and nothing I say should be considered medical advice.
<br />
<br />You couldn't pay me to drop my dose of Hypertonic (HTS) in the morning. It's what clears my lungs out after sleeping. The evening dose is equally important for me. The benefits I get from HTS and pulmozyme are entirely different. Pulmozyme has no immediate affect on my ability to loosen the mucus. Pulmozyme works differently for me. My clinic recommends that I do xopenex, HTS and pulmozyme in that order. Their logic is that the HTS clears out more of the mucus for the pulmozyme to get in better and do its work.
<br />
<br />There are 100s of posts on this valuable web site that discuss med order and compelling arguments about different orders. However, I haven't seen many about dropping a dose of HTS. Also, trust your gut. And then go back and get a better understanding of your CF team's logic. I'd be interested in knowing what it is. I'm sure others here would be interested, too. There are lot of experts here.
<br />
<br />Hope I've helped.

ashmomo

Our order from the doc said Hyper first then Pulmozyme as well.
We also do Pulmicort, which gets done after the Pulmozyme. I wonder if that is correct?
So much confusion! So many meds! UGH! Hope you get an answer as to why...I just know what my docs wrote.

ashmomo

We also do Pulmicort, which gets done after the Pulmozyme. I wonder if that is correct?
So much confusion! So many meds! UGH! Hope you get an answer as to why...I just know what my docs wrote.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />We also do Pulmicort, which gets done after the Pulmozyme. I wonder if that is correct?
<br />So much confusion! So many meds! UGH! Hope you get an answer as to why...I just know what my docs wrote.