OT -- What's your picky eater having

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS never ever wants to eat at any family event. I did get him to sit at a cousin's confirmation open house last spring because there were a couple of big kids sitting at a card table. Otherwise, he throws a fit and refuses to eat the entire day or time we're there.

So last night his grandparents were visiting and I asked, "Are you going to eat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy for Thanksgiving dinner". He thought for a bit and said.. I'm having cocoa puffs!

Hmm, wonder if I could shape some into the form of a turkey using marshmallows (like a giant rice crispy bar).

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS never ever wants to eat at any family event. I did get him to sit at a cousin's confirmation open house last spring because there were a couple of big kids sitting at a card table. Otherwise, he throws a fit and refuses to eat the entire day or time we're there.

So last night his grandparents were visiting and I asked, "Are you going to eat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy for Thanksgiving dinner". He thought for a bit and said.. I'm having cocoa puffs!

Hmm, wonder if I could shape some into the form of a turkey using marshmallows (like a giant rice crispy bar).

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

MOME2RT

Thats too cute.

Reece will say he's starving & when we get to where we are eating, he'll say he's not hungry anymore. I make him come to the table, then he says "fine I'll eat" (after he sees all the food) He will ask for mostly all the food thats on the table to be put on his plate. Then when its time to eat, he says he's not hungry anymore, OR he will just eat a nibble & want to get up from the table.

Never has he ever ate EVERYTHING on his plate!! NEVER!!!!!

MOME2RT

Thats too cute.

Reece will say he's starving & when we get to where we are eating, he'll say he's not hungry anymore. I make him come to the table, then he says "fine I'll eat" (after he sees all the food) He will ask for mostly all the food thats on the table to be put on his plate. Then when its time to eat, he says he's not hungry anymore, OR he will just eat a nibble & want to get up from the table.

MOME2RT

Thats too cute.

MOME2RT

Thats too cute.

MOME2RT

Thats too cute.

concernedmom

It doesn't get better (at least not for us.) DS is 9. He'll probably eat a little turkey, a dinner roll or two and a couple cookies. That's IF I'm lucky and IF we force him.

concernedmom

It doesn't get better (at least not for us.) DS is 9. He'll probably eat a little turkey, a dinner roll or two and a couple cookies. That's IF I'm lucky and IF we force him.

concernedmom

concernedmom

concernedmom

izemmom

This is so funny! My husband and I were just talking about this last night. We happened upon a food that Emily will eat...so far. Cole's breads makes a cheese stuffed breadstick. Emily ate an entire (almost) one last night. She kept saying "Cheese? Bread. Bread? Cheese." like she was trying to decide which one she was eating. I said to my husband. Go to the store tomorrow and buy another box for Thanksgiving! We will also take along a hot dog or two, some cheese cubes and her favorite yogurt. And, I'll probably throw in a couple of things that big sister likes. Even through she's 5 and SHOULD be able to just eat what we eat...it's just not worth the tears to make her eat Grandma's asparagus casserole. So, a can of corn and some cranberry flavored jello will accompany us.

Sigh. Even the fun part of thanksgiving (the food) isn't fun anymore.

izemmom

This is so funny! My husband and I were just talking about this last night. We happened upon a food that Emily will eat...so far. Cole's breads makes a cheese stuffed breadstick. Emily ate an entire (almost) one last night. She kept saying "Cheese? Bread. Bread? Cheese." like she was trying to decide which one she was eating. I said to my husband. Go to the store tomorrow and buy another box for Thanksgiving! We will also take along a hot dog or two, some cheese cubes and her favorite yogurt. And, I'll probably throw in a couple of things that big sister likes. Even through she's 5 and SHOULD be able to just eat what we eat...it's just not worth the tears to make her eat Grandma's asparagus casserole. So, a can of corn and some cranberry flavored jello will accompany us.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom