Overnight Feeds?

drbortz

I haven't read the other replies, but here's my experience. I did the pump for a few years, then the past 15 years, I've done gravity/free flow, which is 1000 ml over about 4 hours, maybe a little less (it DOES take some getting used to!!). Doing it this way, I wake up full, but don't throw up nearly as often. I just got out of the hospital, and, for the first time in 15 years, was on a pump. I hated it. Ran for 10 hours, and I had to stop it every night before it was done. Wean off the pump asap.

drbortz

I haven't read the other replies, but here's my experience. I did the pump for a few years, then the past 15 years, I've done gravity/free flow, which is 1000 ml over about 4 hours, maybe a little less (it DOES take some getting used to!!). Doing it this way, I wake up full, but don't throw up nearly as often. I just got out of the hospital, and, for the first time in 15 years, was on a pump. I hated it. Ran for 10 hours, and I had to stop it every night before it was done. Wean off the pump asap.

drbortz

drbortz

drbortz

DannysMom

His overnight feeds start anywhere from 8-9pm and go till 6-7am..at 100ml over 10hours getting in around 1500 cals. We mix Viokase powder in his formula.

DannysMom

His overnight feeds start anywhere from 8-9pm and go till 6-7am..at 100ml over 10hours getting in around 1500 cals. We mix Viokase powder in his formula.

DannysMom

DannysMom

DannysMom

amber682

My daughter is 5 months old, and does 40 ml/hr for 8 hours (320 ml). We are gradually increasing it with a goal of 45ml/hr. It goes off around 6 am and she doesn't get up to eat until about 9 so she is hungry. We also use voikase for the overnights, no blowouts. That pancreacarb is probably only working for about an hour, so your daughter is getting the rest of the feeding with no enzymes.

As far as always pumping her full of formula, mixing the formula to be higher calorie so she has to drink less can help with the Buddha belly, as long as she can tolerate it. We do 26 cal. formula.

Also, maybe you can let her eat her baby food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and give her the bottle right after. Whatever she doesn't finish out of the bottle can then be put through the tube. We know they want Hazel to get 840 mLs/day, so we do 320 overnight, and 4 feedings of 130 ml during the day. She eats by mouth first, then whatever she doesn't eat goes through the tube. She gos 4 hours between feedings, so she is good and hungry.

I hope this helps you some!

amber682

My daughter is 5 months old, and does 40 ml/hr for 8 hours (320 ml). We are gradually increasing it with a goal of 45ml/hr. It goes off around 6 am and she doesn't get up to eat until about 9 so she is hungry. We also use voikase for the overnights, no blowouts. That pancreacarb is probably only working for about an hour, so your daughter is getting the rest of the feeding with no enzymes.

As far as always pumping her full of formula, mixing the formula to be higher calorie so she has to drink less can help with the Buddha belly, as long as she can tolerate it. We do 26 cal. formula.

Also, maybe you can let her eat her baby food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and give her the bottle right after. Whatever she doesn't finish out of the bottle can then be put through the tube. We know they want Hazel to get 840 mLs/day, so we do 320 overnight, and 4 feedings of 130 ml during the day. She eats by mouth first, then whatever she doesn't eat goes through the tube. She gos 4 hours between feedings, so she is good and hungry.

amber682

amber682

amber682

<br />
<br />As far as always pumping her full of formula, mixing the formula to be higher calorie so she has to drink less can help with the Buddha belly, as long as she can tolerate it. We do 26 cal. formula.
<br />
<br />Also, maybe you can let her eat her baby food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and give her the bottle right after. Whatever she doesn't finish out of the bottle can then be put through the tube. We know they want Hazel to get 840 mLs/day, so we do 320 overnight, and 4 feedings of 130 ml during the day. She eats by mouth first, then whatever she doesn't eat goes through the tube. She gos 4 hours between feedings, so she is good and hungry.
<br />
<br />I hope this helps you some!