Oxygen dependence

theLostMiler

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>krisgabes</b></i>

This was a great post! I have been sick and on iv for about 3 months now and this bout on iv, I have been feeling more out of breath on exursion and like hyperventilating after a coughing attack. I think I'm definately going to call my doctor tomorrow and talk to him about it. I think I could use some o2 at night. Thanks all!!</end quote></div>

yea, i asked my doctor b/c I was getting headaches like constantly...

mine had me do a 6 minute walk test (to see if needed w/ exurtion) and I also did the sleep study (you wear the o2 monitor all night and they can print out the findings in the morning) [both w/o oxygen, I am doing 6 minute with o2 in february]

I also bought my own sat monitor from my doctor, he said that you cant get them durable med stores b/c its not nomrally covered by insurance. Mine was $100 and is medical grade. Its one of those real small finger ones and I can take it everywhere with me to check my sats now.

my doctors said that overnight is should just help you feel more rested and generally feel better during the day.

theLostMiler

This was a great post! I have been sick and on iv for about 3 months now and this bout on iv, I have been feeling more out of breath on exursion and like hyperventilating after a coughing attack. I think I'm definately going to call my doctor tomorrow and talk to him about it. I think I could use some o2 at night. Thanks all!!</end quote></div>

mine had me do a 6 minute walk test (to see if needed w/ exurtion) and I also did the sleep study (you wear the o2 monitor all night and they can print out the findings in the morning) [both w/o oxygen, I am doing 6 minute with o2 in february]

I also bought my own sat monitor from my doctor, he said that you cant get them durable med stores b/c its not nomrally covered by insurance. Mine was $100 and is medical grade. Its one of those real small finger ones and I can take it everywhere with me to check my sats now.

my doctors said that overnight is should just help you feel more rested and generally feel better during the day.

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

This was a great post! I have been sick and on iv for about 3 months now and this bout on iv, I have been feeling more out of breath on exursion and like hyperventilating after a coughing attack. I think I'm definately going to call my doctor tomorrow and talk to him about it. I think I could use some o2 at night. Thanks all!!</end quote>

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />This was a great post! I have been sick and on iv for about 3 months now and this bout on iv, I have been feeling more out of breath on exursion and like hyperventilating after a coughing attack. I think I'm definately going to call my doctor tomorrow and talk to him about it. I think I could use some o2 at night. Thanks all!!</end quote>
<br />
<br />yea, i asked my doctor b/c I was getting headaches like constantly...
<br />
<br />mine had me do a 6 minute walk test (to see if needed w/ exurtion) and I also did the sleep study (you wear the o2 monitor all night and they can print out the findings in the morning) [both w/o oxygen, I am doing 6 minute with o2 in february]
<br />
<br />I also bought my own sat monitor from my doctor, he said that you cant get them durable med stores b/c its not nomrally covered by insurance. Mine was $100 and is medical grade. Its one of those real small finger ones and I can take it everywhere with me to check my sats now.
<br />
<br />my doctors said that overnight is should just help you feel more rested and generally feel better during the day.

mousesmom

Thanks all for your wise advice, because of your personal experiences the information is so much more than the doctors would normaly tell us.

I think I will try to get a sat monitor for her, which will help her to see when her body really needs.

mousesmom

Thanks all for your wise advice, because of your personal experiences the information is so much more than the doctors would normaly tell us.

I think I will try to get a sat monitor for her, which will help her to see when her body really needs.

mousesmom

mousesmom

mousesmom

<br />
<br />I think I will try to get a sat monitor for her, which will help her to see when her body really needs.