Pancreatic Sufficient

Kristen

I'm really late on this one (I recently joined and have been reading old posts), but I just had to reply to StarbucksFan. I too was diagnosed as a baby and took enzymes until I was 16. I stopped taking them on my own because I also had an eating disorder and wanted to food to go right through me...however, it didn't. It wasn't too long after that the whole idea of pancreatic sufficiency came out and I was taken off the enzymes.

Kristen

I'm really late on this one (I recently joined and have been reading old posts), but I just had to reply to StarbucksFan. I too was diagnosed as a baby and took enzymes until I was 16. I stopped taking them on my own because I also had an eating disorder and wanted to food to go right through me...however, it didn't. It wasn't too long after that the whole idea of pancreatic sufficiency came out and I was taken off the enzymes.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

Transplantmommy

Wow...you are all lucky! I have been on enzymes since I was 2 and have never been able to come off of them. I had transplants a year and a half ago and have gained weight (I'm 5'9" and went from 113 pre-tx to 145 post tx) but still have to take enzymes. I wasn't absorbing enough of my vitamins and stuff as it was and then I had my colon removed last year and it's even harder to absorb the nutrients. I take 4 w/meals, 2 w/snacks, and 1 w/Prograf (my anti-rejection medication).

Transplantmommy

Wow...you are all lucky! I have been on enzymes since I was 2 and have never been able to come off of them. I had transplants a year and a half ago and have gained weight (I'm 5'9" and went from 113 pre-tx to 145 post tx) but still have to take enzymes. I wasn't absorbing enough of my vitamins and stuff as it was and then I had my colon removed last year and it's even harder to absorb the nutrients. I take 4 w/meals, 2 w/snacks, and 1 w/Prograf (my anti-rejection medication).

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

dyza

My son is 3 and does not take enzymes he is PS. Although he got his dx from the heel prick blood test after he was born which shows up a proteine from the pancreas that indicates that the pancreas does not work...strange.

It would be interesting to note what mutation is present for PS, my son has RH117, as others on this thread, I have double RH117 and I am well overweight.

Craig

dyza

My son is 3 and does not take enzymes he is PS. Although he got his dx from the heel prick blood test after he was born which shows up a proteine from the pancreas that indicates that the pancreas does not work...strange.

It would be interesting to note what mutation is present for PS, my son has RH117, as others on this thread, I have double RH117 and I am well overweight.

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

<br />
<br />It would be interesting to note what mutation is present for PS, my son has RH117, as others on this thread, I have double RH117 and I am well overweight.
<br />
<br />Craig