Panic attacks

nichi874

I get them quite a bit. I use Xanax for the ones that I can't kick on my own. To beat it on my own without the meds I take a hot shower, lay on my left side (slows the heart rate), call my mom just to chat, write down what I'm worrying about. After an attack I always feel extremely tired and have to take a nap. I find that lack of sleep often triggers them at times.

nichi874

I get them quite a bit. I use Xanax for the ones that I can't kick on my own. To beat it on my own without the meds I take a hot shower, lay on my left side (slows the heart rate), call my mom just to chat, write down what I'm worrying about. After an attack I always feel extremely tired and have to take a nap. I find that lack of sleep often triggers them at times.

nichi874

nichi874

nichi874

Diane

I got them to the extreme after my first embolization to the point where i wouldnt leave the house. I had constant anxiety and my body would shake all the time. This lasted for about 2 months , till i had to have a second emboization and my Dr. said i would have to go on something to help control it. They started me on Zoloft (after much arguing from me) i figured given enugh time i would be able to control them on my own, but it was a no go.
The Zoloft worked wonders for me. The Psychiatrist i had to see, said i had post traumatic disorder brought on by the first really bad hemoptysis tht nearly took my life. He also told me once they start ( panic attacks) its common for them to re-occur. I've been on the Zoloft 5 or 6 years now and every here and there i can feel an anxiety attack try to creep up a little, but it does not go into full blown panic ( Thank God) and goes away fairly quickly.

Diane

I got them to the extreme after my first embolization to the point where i wouldnt leave the house. I had constant anxiety and my body would shake all the time. This lasted for about 2 months , till i had to have a second emboization and my Dr. said i would have to go on something to help control it. They started me on Zoloft (after much arguing from me) i figured given enugh time i would be able to control them on my own, but it was a no go.
The Zoloft worked wonders for me. The Psychiatrist i had to see, said i had post traumatic disorder brought on by the first really bad hemoptysis tht nearly took my life. He also told me once they start ( panic attacks) its common for them to re-occur. I've been on the Zoloft 5 or 6 years now and every here and there i can feel an anxiety attack try to creep up a little, but it does not go into full blown panic ( Thank God) and goes away fairly quickly.

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br />The Zoloft worked wonders for me. The Psychiatrist i had to see, said i had post traumatic disorder brought on by the first really bad hemoptysis tht nearly took my life. He also told me once they start ( panic attacks) its common for them to re-occur. I've been on the Zoloft 5 or 6 years now and every here and there i can feel an anxiety attack try to creep up a little, but it does not go into full blown panic ( Thank God) and goes away fairly quickly.

B

brewz2

Unfortuantely I get them too - They say it's in the genes and my dad's family is plagued with them. My sister and I both started getting them within a year of each other - I think my initially started from a bad drive up a really high bridge - from there is spiraled into every aspect of my life - I couldn't drive, I still don't do bridges - only on a good day - I couldn't run on the treadmill for fear of sending my heart racing, every little thing started to set me off, so off to the doctor I went. I didn't want to start any meds, but had no choice - I have two kids with CF and they needed their mom 100%...So Effexor is what I've been on for about 1-1/2 years and it's a miracle drug - sometimes I feel like I'm getting nervous, but they never become full blown attacks anymore.

You'll know when you can't deal with them anymore...they really do suck....my sister wore a rubber band around her wrist in the beginning, and every time she felt something coming on, she would snap the rubber band to try and distract her mind from the attack..it worked for a little while, but after a while it started to really hurt!!

B

brewz2

Unfortuantely I get them too - They say it's in the genes and my dad's family is plagued with them. My sister and I both started getting them within a year of each other - I think my initially started from a bad drive up a really high bridge - from there is spiraled into every aspect of my life - I couldn't drive, I still don't do bridges - only on a good day - I couldn't run on the treadmill for fear of sending my heart racing, every little thing started to set me off, so off to the doctor I went. I didn't want to start any meds, but had no choice - I have two kids with CF and they needed their mom 100%...So Effexor is what I've been on for about 1-1/2 years and it's a miracle drug - sometimes I feel like I'm getting nervous, but they never become full blown attacks anymore.

You'll know when you can't deal with them anymore...they really do suck....my sister wore a rubber band around her wrist in the beginning, and every time she felt something coming on, she would snap the rubber band to try and distract her mind from the attack..it worked for a little while, but after a while it started to really hurt!!

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

<br />
<br />You'll know when you can't deal with them anymore...they really do suck....my sister wore a rubber band around her wrist in the beginning, and every time she felt something coming on, she would snap the rubber band to try and distract her mind from the attack..it worked for a little while, but after a while it started to really hurt!!