Parents - Do any of you have serious illness?

Gnome

Sorry to hear this. By the sounds of it you have a milder case. But I am sure it will have its challenges. I have no advice. Although I know of several people who have MS and at one time I worked with severly disabled MS patients.

Gnome

Sorry to hear this. By the sounds of it you have a milder case. But I am sure it will have its challenges. I have no advice. Although I know of several people who have MS and at one time I worked with severly disabled MS patients.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

M

Mommafirst

aw Marla, I am sooo sorry to hear this. I have heard that with MS you can have an exacerbation after a pregnancy ends.

I have some minor medical issues with myself, but nothing as potentially challenging as CF. I have learned with my most recent uncontrolled asthma stint that landed me in the ER, that we moms have to find a few moments to take care of ourselves too. We are useless to any of our kiddos (CF or not) if we aren't taking care of ourselves as well.

M

Mommafirst

aw Marla, I am sooo sorry to hear this. I have heard that with MS you can have an exacerbation after a pregnancy ends.

I have some minor medical issues with myself, but nothing as potentially challenging as CF. I have learned with my most recent uncontrolled asthma stint that landed me in the ER, that we moms have to find a few moments to take care of ourselves too. We are useless to any of our kiddos (CF or not) if we aren't taking care of ourselves as well.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I have some minor medical issues with myself, but nothing as potentially challenging as CF. I have learned with my most recent uncontrolled asthma stint that landed me in the ER, that we moms have to find a few moments to take care of ourselves too. We are useless to any of our kiddos (CF or not) if we aren't taking care of ourselves as well.

vmhoward

Although of coarse not as serious as my sons illness I suffer from Fibromyalgia, as well as high blood sugar (pre-diabetes, no official diagnosis yet, but they remain in the 120's-180-s, but are controlled with diet and exercise) I have severe Migraines, and Arthritis.

I also had Epilepsy as a chld (grand-mal sezures), but grew out of it as I turned 12 and did not have to take medicine for it any longer.

I am currently doing ok, with my current cocktail of medications for my many different maladies, but None of which compare with what my son and many people on this board have to deal with daily.

I sometimes feel bad compaining about my aches and pains, and usually the ones on here that I talk to on the phone will tell me to shut up and go take care of myself and that it is ok to talk about my problems too. But that doesnt make me feel less guilty.

I cant imagine what you are going through daily having to deal with your current illness and a CF child. But glad that your exasperations of MS are far apart from each other. Hope you get some answers soon.

vmhoward

Although of coarse not as serious as my sons illness I suffer from Fibromyalgia, as well as high blood sugar (pre-diabetes, no official diagnosis yet, but they remain in the 120's-180-s, but are controlled with diet and exercise) I have severe Migraines, and Arthritis.

I also had Epilepsy as a chld (grand-mal sezures), but grew out of it as I turned 12 and did not have to take medicine for it any longer.

I am currently doing ok, with my current cocktail of medications for my many different maladies, but None of which compare with what my son and many people on this board have to deal with daily.

I sometimes feel bad compaining about my aches and pains, and usually the ones on here that I talk to on the phone will tell me to shut up and go take care of myself and that it is ok to talk about my problems too. But that doesnt make me feel less guilty.

I cant imagine what you are going through daily having to deal with your current illness and a CF child. But glad that your exasperations of MS are far apart from each other. Hope you get some answers soon.

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward

<br />
<br />I also had Epilepsy as a chld (grand-mal sezures), but grew out of it as I turned 12 and did not have to take medicine for it any longer.
<br />
<br />I am currently doing ok, with my current cocktail of medications for my many different maladies, but None of which compare with what my son and many people on this board have to deal with daily.
<br />
<br />I sometimes feel bad compaining about my aches and pains, and usually the ones on here that I talk to on the phone will tell me to shut up and go take care of myself and that it is ok to talk about my problems too. But that doesnt make me feel less guilty.
<br />
<br />
<br />I cant imagine what you are going through daily having to deal with your current illness and a CF child. But glad that your exasperations of MS are far apart from each other. Hope you get some answers soon.

zoe4life

Hi Marla,

So sorry about your condition. It is hard enough to deal with your child having cf, but to be not feeling well yourself, really is hard. My husband recently sent me a very interesting article about aspartame, the artificial sweetner. They found numerous people being diagnosed with "mild" ms...discovered these people were avid diet soda drinkers, sugarless items also, when they stopped drinking the sodas and other sugarless items...their symptoms dissapeared. Just thought I'd share.

I really pray you feel better and your tests come back normal!

zoe4life

Hi Marla,

So sorry about your condition. It is hard enough to deal with your child having cf, but to be not feeling well yourself, really is hard. My husband recently sent me a very interesting article about aspartame, the artificial sweetner. They found numerous people being diagnosed with "mild" ms...discovered these people were avid diet soda drinkers, sugarless items also, when they stopped drinking the sodas and other sugarless items...their symptoms dissapeared. Just thought I'd share.

zoe4life

Hi Marla,

zoe4life

Hi Marla,

zoe4life

<br />Hi Marla,
<br />
<br />So sorry about your condition. It is hard enough to deal with your child having cf, but to be not feeling well yourself, really is hard. My husband recently sent me a very interesting article about aspartame, the artificial sweetner. They found numerous people being diagnosed with "mild" ms...discovered these people were avid diet soda drinkers, sugarless items also, when they stopped drinking the sodas and other sugarless items...their symptoms dissapeared. Just thought I'd share.
<br />
<br />I really pray you feel better and your tests come back normal!
<br />