Parents - Do any of you have serious illness?

MargaritaChic

Thank you for all of the well wishes. As many of you know, I work full-time and my husband is a stay-at-home dad. I have no time to be sick!!! lol

I will deal with whatever happens. My biggest concern is Emma. With my current symptoms it has been difficult for me to do her pattings. I talked to the clinic and they said it is fine if I have to take breaks as long as it is completed within an hour of doing the neb. So that helps.

I feel bad for my husband as all of this has made me rely on him more. If I am dizzy... I don't want to walk while I am carrying Emma for fear of falling with her in my arms, etc.

I wish I knew God's plan. I wish I knew why he thinks my family can handle all of this. :-(

MargaritaChic

Thank you for all of the well wishes. As many of you know, I work full-time and my husband is a stay-at-home dad. I have no time to be sick!!! lol

I will deal with whatever happens. My biggest concern is Emma. With my current symptoms it has been difficult for me to do her pattings. I talked to the clinic and they said it is fine if I have to take breaks as long as it is completed within an hour of doing the neb. So that helps.

I feel bad for my husband as all of this has made me rely on him more. If I am dizzy... I don't want to walk while I am carrying Emma for fear of falling with her in my arms, etc.

I wish I knew God's plan. I wish I knew why he thinks my family can handle all of this. :-(

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I will deal with whatever happens. My biggest concern is Emma. With my current symptoms it has been difficult for me to do her pattings. I talked to the clinic and they said it is fine if I have to take breaks as long as it is completed within an hour of doing the neb. So that helps.
<br />
<br />I feel bad for my husband as all of this has made me rely on him more. If I am dizzy... I don't want to walk while I am carrying Emma for fear of falling with her in my arms, etc.
<br />
<br />I wish I knew God's plan. I wish I knew why he thinks my family can handle all of this. :-(

Transplantmommy

Sorry to hear that you have MS. I have known one person with that and it was not easy for her (she is actually wheel chair bound).

As for me....yeah, I have CF, but thankfully, Brady doesn't. I did have trouble though when he was in the hospital for a month after he was born premature. It was hard for me to go there and see him and then I had to have help with him when I brought him home. I was really sick and kind of felt like a worthless mother (but knew that I wasn't). Since the Tx, I have had a lot more time with him and I can take care of him on my own. It's great.

I really hop that they can give you something (are there meds for MS?) and help you. I completely understand where you are coming from with your concerns with taking care of Emma. Hang in there!!

Transplantmommy

Sorry to hear that you have MS. I have known one person with that and it was not easy for her (she is actually wheel chair bound).

As for me....yeah, I have CF, but thankfully, Brady doesn't. I did have trouble though when he was in the hospital for a month after he was born premature. It was hard for me to go there and see him and then I had to have help with him when I brought him home. I was really sick and kind of felt like a worthless mother (but knew that I wasn't). Since the Tx, I have had a lot more time with him and I can take care of him on my own. It's great.

I really hop that they can give you something (are there meds for MS?) and help you. I completely understand where you are coming from with your concerns with taking care of Emma. Hang in there!!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />As for me....yeah, I have CF, but thankfully, Brady doesn't. I did have trouble though when he was in the hospital for a month after he was born premature. It was hard for me to go there and see him and then I had to have help with him when I brought him home. I was really sick and kind of felt like a worthless mother (but knew that I wasn't). Since the Tx, I have had a lot more time with him and I can take care of him on my own. It's great.
<br />
<br />I really hop that they can give you something (are there meds for MS?) and help you. I completely understand where you are coming from with your concerns with taking care of Emma. Hang in there!!

sweetwhite32

I have rhematic arthritis and when the nerves swell from inflamaotion i go numb from the waist down ,i am on 8 week infusions now..It was 4 yrs between remission and active...I have moderate RA..It is harder to treat my son but i find the strength from some where to do it somehow.... It fatigues me and makes my knees hurt and makes it hard to hold things and walk at times....I just keep everything non refridgerated next to my bed with his machines and make him go get the refridgerated ones on my bad days in pain.....

sweetwhite32

I have rhematic arthritis and when the nerves swell from inflamaotion i go numb from the waist down ,i am on 8 week infusions now..It was 4 yrs between remission and active...I have moderate RA..It is harder to treat my son but i find the strength from some where to do it somehow.... It fatigues me and makes my knees hurt and makes it hard to hold things and walk at times....I just keep everything non refridgerated next to my bed with his machines and make him go get the refridgerated ones on my bad days in pain.....

sweetwhite32

sweetwhite32

sweetwhite32

BabyBeauty

I am so sorry to hear about the MS. I wish sometimes we could ask God directly what his plan is. I am sure he has one, but darn it, it is confusing sometimes.

I have Ulcerative Colitis, Pancreatic Divism, and Gastritis. For many years I always thought why me, why do I have all of these stomach issues, this can't get any worse...Then we we got Avery's CF diagnosis this year. I have completely stopped the self pity and am totally focused on my girl. I am also taking better care of myself. I have gone many years in denial of what I have. Now I am going to be a healthy mom to be strong for my little lady!

BabyBeauty

I am so sorry to hear about the MS. I wish sometimes we could ask God directly what his plan is. I am sure he has one, but darn it, it is confusing sometimes.

I have Ulcerative Colitis, Pancreatic Divism, and Gastritis. For many years I always thought why me, why do I have all of these stomach issues, this can't get any worse...Then we we got Avery's CF diagnosis this year. I have completely stopped the self pity and am totally focused on my girl. I am also taking better care of myself. I have gone many years in denial of what I have. Now I am going to be a healthy mom to be strong for my little lady!

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

<br />
<br />I have Ulcerative Colitis, Pancreatic Divism, and Gastritis. For many years I always thought why me, why do I have all of these stomach issues, this can't get any worse...Then we we got Avery's CF diagnosis this year. I have completely stopped the self pity and am totally focused on my girl. I am also taking better care of myself. I have gone many years in denial of what I have. Now I am going to be a healthy mom to be strong for my little lady!
<br />
<br />