Parents w/children w/CF

mrsp86

i was told that if haydn has cf i would get a carers allowance and if cf is a disabled registared disease the goverment here can give you a car for free under disability dont know about there though hope this helpsx

mrsp86

i was told that if haydn has cf i would get a carers allowance and if cf is a disabled registared disease the goverment here can give you a car for free under disability dont know about there though hope this helpsx

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

TobysMom

cf is a disability registered condition. (i dont like to use the term disease)... and I have not heard anything about careers allowance or vehicle? do you have any more information on that??

Edited to add: Are you in the US or UK? I just did a quick google search on career allowance and it came up for UK... i doubt we have a program like that in the US though.

It takes FOREVER to get approved for SSI, but thankfully, it'll be retroactive once it is approved! Whenever that may be!

TobysMom

cf is a disability registered condition. (i dont like to use the term disease)... and I have not heard anything about careers allowance or vehicle? do you have any more information on that??

Edited to add: Are you in the US or UK? I just did a quick google search on career allowance and it came up for UK... i doubt we have a program like that in the US though.

It takes FOREVER to get approved for SSI, but thankfully, it'll be retroactive once it is approved! Whenever that may be!

TobysMom

TobysMom

TobysMom

<br />
<br />Edited to add: Are you in the US or UK? I just did a quick google search on career allowance and it came up for UK... i doubt we have a program like that in the US though.
<br />
<br />It takes FOREVER to get approved for SSI, but thankfully, it'll be retroactive once it is approved! Whenever that may be!

LisaGreene

Our kids, both with CF, were in part time preschool since they were old enough to attend. They also went in to the nursery at church once they were about 6 months old. Yes, they would catch colds like everyone else, but it never turned into lung infections or anything worse than what the other kids had. Maybe we were just lucky, I don't know. Each kid is different. We are Delta F-508, too. I have heard that it is better to expose them to the germs when young so they develop immunities but I don't know if this is true even though it does make sense.

We have been to 4 different CF centers around the country due to job transfers and never had anyone tell us "no preschool." In fact, they always told us the opposite-"treat your kids like normal kids and deal with the issues as they come up."

But again, each kid is different and you know best. But please don't let your fear cause you to make decisions that might not be best for your family in the long run.

If you are stressed out and frustrated because of financial problems, then this "angst" transmits to your little one and can cause him to have emotional problems down the road. One of the single most important determinants of the good mental health of a child is the mental health of the mother. Study after study shows that depressed moms are more likely to have emotionally (and then behaviorally) challenged children.

I am not trying to scare you but just want you to be aware of how very, very important it is for you to take good care of yourself and not ignore your own happiness. It is critical- both for you and for him.

So, maybe talk with your doctors again about this issue and find out what others are doing. And above all, find ways to take good care of yourself. I know it's hard... hang in there.

Hugs!
Lisa G.

PS Toby is so cute!!!

LisaGreene

Our kids, both with CF, were in part time preschool since they were old enough to attend. They also went in to the nursery at church once they were about 6 months old. Yes, they would catch colds like everyone else, but it never turned into lung infections or anything worse than what the other kids had. Maybe we were just lucky, I don't know. Each kid is different. We are Delta F-508, too. I have heard that it is better to expose them to the germs when young so they develop immunities but I don't know if this is true even though it does make sense.

We have been to 4 different CF centers around the country due to job transfers and never had anyone tell us "no preschool." In fact, they always told us the opposite-"treat your kids like normal kids and deal with the issues as they come up."

But again, each kid is different and you know best. But please don't let your fear cause you to make decisions that might not be best for your family in the long run.

If you are stressed out and frustrated because of financial problems, then this "angst" transmits to your little one and can cause him to have emotional problems down the road. One of the single most important determinants of the good mental health of a child is the mental health of the mother. Study after study shows that depressed moms are more likely to have emotionally (and then behaviorally) challenged children.

I am not trying to scare you but just want you to be aware of how very, very important it is for you to take good care of yourself and not ignore your own happiness. It is critical- both for you and for him.

So, maybe talk with your doctors again about this issue and find out what others are doing. And above all, find ways to take good care of yourself. I know it's hard... hang in there.

Hugs!
Lisa G.

PS Toby is so cute!!!

LisaGreene

Hugs!
Lisa G.

PS Toby is so cute!!!

LisaGreene

Hugs!
Lisa G.

PS Toby is so cute!!!

LisaGreene

<br />
<br />We have been to 4 different CF centers around the country due to job transfers and never had anyone tell us "no preschool." In fact, they always told us the opposite-"treat your kids like normal kids and deal with the issues as they come up."
<br />
<br />But again, each kid is different and you know best. But please don't let your fear cause you to make decisions that might not be best for your family in the long run.
<br />
<br />If you are stressed out and frustrated because of financial problems, then this "angst" transmits to your little one and can cause him to have emotional problems down the road. One of the single most important determinants of the good mental health of a child is the mental health of the mother. Study after study shows that depressed moms are more likely to have emotionally (and then behaviorally) challenged children.
<br />
<br />I am not trying to scare you but just want you to be aware of how very, very important it is for you to take good care of yourself and not ignore your own happiness. It is critical- both for you and for him.
<br />
<br />So, maybe talk with your doctors again about this issue and find out what others are doing. And above all, find ways to take good care of yourself. I know it's hard... hang in there.
<br />
<br />Hugs!
<br />Lisa G.
<br />
<br />PS Toby is so cute!!!
<br />
<br />