Patiently Waiting for a Call

C

Cherylwithone

Bless the donor for family for such a special gift to your friend. Sounds like she is doing really good. I hope and pray things stay in the right direction and she can enjoy her life with family and friends.

C

Cherylwithone

Bless the donor for family for such a special gift to your friend. Sounds like she is doing really good. I hope and pray things stay in the right direction and she can enjoy her life with family and friends.

cnsky54RRT

Day 5: Just got a text from Heather: feeling fine, chest tubes still in but might come out tomorrow. Kidneys back online again. Everything is going smoothly. Hooray!

cnsky54RRT

Day 5: Just got a text from Heather: feeling fine, chest tubes still in but might come out tomorrow. Kidneys back online again. Everything is going smoothly. Hooray!

cnsky54RRT

coltsfan715

So glad to read these posts! I have thought about you and your friend a lot in recent weeks, but haven't been online to check things out. It was a pleasant surprise to sign in this evening and read such wonderful news!

Congrats to her and tell her to keep up the awesome work!

Lindsey

coltsfan715

So glad to read these posts! I have thought about you and your friend a lot in recent weeks, but haven't been online to check things out. It was a pleasant surprise to sign in this evening and read such wonderful news!

Congrats to her and tell her to keep up the awesome work!

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />Congrats to her and tell her to keep up the awesome work!
<br />
<br />Lindsey

musclemania70

Thanks for all the updates! It is so encouraging to hear fantastic news like this.
We all need some positive to counter the sadness and sharing her story gives us hope.
Tell her there are many people out there pulling for her and are so excited about her new future!!

musclemania70

Thanks for all the updates! It is so encouraging to hear fantastic news like this.
We all need some positive to counter the sadness and sharing her story gives us hope.
Tell her there are many people out there pulling for her and are so excited about her new future!!

musclemania70

<p>Thanks for all the updates! It is so encouraging to hear fantastic news like this.
<p>We all need some positive to counter the sadness and sharing her story gives us hope.
<p>Tell her there are many people out there pulling for her and are so excited about her new future!!

cnsky54RRT

Day 20: Heather does well, and is putting in a mile at a time around the hospital corridors. Sats are still excellent. There are still two chest tubes in and a bit of drainage. Today was a bit of a painful day. She is supposed to be tapered on the epidural but she thinks someone turned it right off, and she had a lot of hurt around the incision site. Started on Neurontin to counter nerve pain. In good spirits all around, and appreciates everyone's interests. I pass on your good wishes and prayers.

When we were in the hospital in February getting worked up, she was visited by a young lady named Lisa who had had a double tx, and came along to visit and answer concerns. Three days ago Lisa came to visit H again and was in bad rejection, and was tired of fighting it all the time. Then yesterday when I called Heather she said that Lisa had just passed away. Very sad news, but Heather continues to push on and we encourage her to be optimistic. She is doing this fight for eight-year-old Mackinzie who is her mom's best cheering section. Every day is a blessing and a bonus.

Just so you know what an amazing lady this is, she phones me every now and then and gives me a list of her bills to pay since she can't be home for awhile. I go out and write cheques and we square up later. Here she is in pain, working on rehab, but her big concern is getting everything paid and attended to on time. If I was in her place I doubt I would be so organized! If anyone deserves to succeed.....

cnsky54RRT

Day 20: Heather does well, and is putting in a mile at a time around the hospital corridors. Sats are still excellent. There are still two chest tubes in and a bit of drainage. Today was a bit of a painful day. She is supposed to be tapered on the epidural but she thinks someone turned it right off, and she had a lot of hurt around the incision site. Started on Neurontin to counter nerve pain. In good spirits all around, and appreciates everyone's interests. I pass on your good wishes and prayers.

When we were in the hospital in February getting worked up, she was visited by a young lady named Lisa who had had a double tx, and came along to visit and answer concerns. Three days ago Lisa came to visit H again and was in bad rejection, and was tired of fighting it all the time. Then yesterday when I called Heather she said that Lisa had just passed away. Very sad news, but Heather continues to push on and we encourage her to be optimistic. She is doing this fight for eight-year-old Mackinzie who is her mom's best cheering section. Every day is a blessing and a bonus.

Just so you know what an amazing lady this is, she phones me every now and then and gives me a list of her bills to pay since she can't be home for awhile. I go out and write cheques and we square up later. Here she is in pain, working on rehab, but her big concern is getting everything paid and attended to on time. If I was in her place I doubt I would be so organized! If anyone deserves to succeed.....

cnsky54RRT

<br />
<br />When we were in the hospital in February getting worked up, she was visited by a young lady named Lisa who had had a double tx, and came along to visit and answer concerns. Three days ago Lisa came to visit H again and was in bad rejection, and was tired of fighting it all the time. Then yesterday when I called Heather she said that Lisa had just passed away. Very sad news, but Heather continues to push on and we encourage her to be optimistic. She is doing this fight for eight-year-old Mackinzie who is her mom's best cheering section. Every day is a blessing and a bonus.
<br />
<br />Just so you know what an amazing lady this is, she phones me every now and then and gives me a list of her bills to pay since she can't be home for awhile. I go out and write cheques and we square up later. Here she is in pain, working on rehab, but her big concern is getting everything paid and attended to on time. If I was in her place I doubt I would be so organized! If anyone deserves to succeed.....

cnsky54RRT

Quickie update: a month later Heather is still in the hospital and not out in the apartment yet, but doing well. Her last chest tube fell out three days ago and hasn't needed to be put in, she walks a mile or more a day with no oxygen, and her brand-new PFT was 79% of predicted. Just before the transplant she was at 15%. Some minor issues of fluid retention and white blood cells up and down, but overall she is onward and upward. Thanks for the concern and prayers!

cnsky54RRT

Quickie update: a month later Heather is still in the hospital and not out in the apartment yet, but doing well. Her last chest tube fell out three days ago and hasn't needed to be put in, she walks a mile or more a day with no oxygen, and her brand-new PFT was 79% of predicted. Just before the transplant she was at 15%. Some minor issues of fluid retention and white blood cells up and down, but overall she is onward and upward. Thanks for the concern and prayers!

cnsky54RRT