Personality

D

Deb

In general I am a very happy, friendly person who tries to maintain a positive outlook. No matter what I face, I know there is someone who is much worse.
However, as I get older I find that I have less patience with people. Mostly when I am sick. I think this is partly due to CF and partly menopause.
I work very hard at staying healthy and continue to work full time. No matter how I feel, I get up and go to work in the morning. I don't want my health to be an issue at work. But then I get really frustrated when people call in sick because they have a sore throat or they have been sneezing a lot.
I also find that my husband and kids are more irritable when I am sick. I used to feel like they were mad at me for being sick until my doctor pointed out that it is tough for them to see me sick and feel helpless about doing anything to help me.
In the end...life is tough. But it is definitely worth living and a positive outlook goes a long way.

D

Deb

In general I am a very happy, friendly person who tries to maintain a positive outlook. No matter what I face, I know there is someone who is much worse.
<br />However, as I get older I find that I have less patience with people. Mostly when I am sick. I think this is partly due to CF and partly menopause.
<br />I work very hard at staying healthy and continue to work full time. No matter how I feel, I get up and go to work in the morning. I don't want my health to be an issue at work. But then I get really frustrated when people call in sick because they have a sore throat or they have been sneezing a lot.
<br />I also find that my husband and kids are more irritable when I am sick. I used to feel like they were mad at me for being sick until my doctor pointed out that it is tough for them to see me sick and feel helpless about doing anything to help me.
<br />In the end...life is tough. But it is definitely worth living and a positive outlook goes a long way.

hbollotte

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Cutecurlz</b></i>

I do NOT let CF run my life...I run my life and my CF. CF doesn't change you. YOU change you!!

i love how you said you change you. i always make excuses for not doing my meds, then i start to feel sorry for myself. it's my own damn fault i don't do them all the time, no one else's fault.

i'm a shy person, sometimes people refer to me as "stuck up" just because i'm not a conversation starter. i think my personality doesn't really reflect the fact that i have cf. maybe occassionally.

hbollotte

I do NOT let CF run my life...I run my life and my CF. CF doesn't change you. YOU change you!!

i love how you said you change you. i always make excuses for not doing my meds, then i start to feel sorry for myself. it's my own damn fault i don't do them all the time, no one else's fault.

i'm a shy person, sometimes people refer to me as "stuck up" just because i'm not a conversation starter. i think my personality doesn't really reflect the fact that i have cf. maybe occassionally.

hbollotte

<br />
<br />I do NOT let CF run my life...I run my life and my CF. CF doesn't change you. YOU change you!!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />i love how you said you change you. i always make excuses for not doing my meds, then i start to feel sorry for myself. it's my own damn fault i don't do them all the time, no one else's fault.
<br />
<br />i'm a shy person, sometimes people refer to me as "stuck up" just because i'm not a conversation starter. i think my personality doesn't really reflect the fact that i have cf. maybe occassionally.

CFkitty

Sometimes, people think I am b*tchy or snobby because I get a certain look on my face, or withdraw, when what is happening is that I don't feel well, or am in pain. Now, I just tell people I'm not feeling well, so that they don't keep asking "what's wrong" or "are you mad?".

CFkitty

Sometimes, people think I am b*tchy or snobby because I get a certain look on my face, or withdraw, when what is happening is that I don't feel well, or am in pain. Now, I just tell people I'm not feeling well, so that they don't keep asking "what's wrong" or "are you mad?".

CFkitty

CFkitty

One thing to remember is that at some point, everyone has "something" that will make his or her life difficult. I find that having CF has led me to be MORE empathetic and concerned about others.

CFkitty

One thing to remember is that at some point, everyone has "something" that will make his or her life difficult. I find that having CF has led me to be MORE empathetic and concerned about others.

CFkitty

<br />
<br />One thing to remember is that at some point, everyone has "something" that will make his or her life difficult. I find that having CF has led me to be MORE empathetic and concerned about others.

H

hillthekhore

For the record, I'm a 23-year-old gay male with CF.

I'm not cold at all. While I occasionally get annoyed at people who ask "Are you ok?" when I cough, I'm generally known as a boisterous, effusive, and affable person with an affinity for long term relationships. I actively seek love.

To be completely forthright, having CF has only helped my relationships with people, and I find that many people, when I tell them how I feel about my CF-related interactions, are more than willing to subscribe to the deadpan humor about CF that I actually enjoy. Perhaps I'm simply lucky that I have friends who understand me. Our jokes tend to revolve around us "catching the CF" or "Having a touch of the CF," whenever anyone coughs. It's an interesting dynamic, and they understand that the second they take CF more seriously than I do (not at all), the fun is over.

H

hillthekhore

I'm not cold at all. While I occasionally get annoyed at people who ask "Are you ok?" when I cough, I'm generally known as a boisterous, effusive, and affable person with an affinity for long term relationships. I actively seek love.

To be completely forthright, having CF has only helped my relationships with people, and I find that many people, when I tell them how I feel about my CF-related interactions, are more than willing to subscribe to the deadpan humor about CF that I actually enjoy. Perhaps I'm simply lucky that I have friends who understand me. Our jokes tend to revolve around us "catching the CF" or "Having a touch of the CF," whenever anyone coughs. It's an interesting dynamic, and they understand that the second they take CF more seriously than I do (not at all), the fun is over.

H

hillthekhore

<br />
<br />I'm not cold at all. While I occasionally get annoyed at people who ask "Are you ok?" when I cough, I'm generally known as a boisterous, effusive, and affable person with an affinity for long term relationships. I actively seek love.
<br />
<br />To be completely forthright, having CF has only helped my relationships with people, and I find that many people, when I tell them how I feel about my CF-related interactions, are more than willing to subscribe to the deadpan humor about CF that I actually enjoy. Perhaps I'm simply lucky that I have friends who understand me. Our jokes tend to revolve around us "catching the CF" or "Having a touch of the CF," whenever anyone coughs. It's an interesting dynamic, and they understand that the second they take CF more seriously than I do (not at all), the fun is over.

H

hillthekhore

I love people who complain. Of course, that might be partially due to the fact that I'm Jewish.

H

hillthekhore

I love people who complain. Of course, that might be partially due to the fact that I'm Jewish.

H

hillthekhore

scottguy

Growing up I was always laughing, smiling, performing for my family...letting them know it was ok. I moved around a TON after my folks split...even as a child I would move, making sure I knew that my parents were ok without me...which sounds incredibly selfish...cuz I knew one day I'd be gone...and I had to know for myself that they would be ok. As a man, I have stayed very light hearted with the people in my life, my mother and occassionally my wife will see the side of me that hurts...but (and I believe CF'ers know what I mean by this) there doesn't ever seem to be enough of a justification to bring them into it...the emotion...the fear...the hurting...I think we try to look out for others at our own expense. I love the people in my life fervently, I laugh a ton...and I think I'm pretty charming...(my wife is a whole lot prettier than I deserve!) As of late I have been struggling with depression when I'm alone, for example I just had a birthday...got a few extra dollars in my pocket, dollars my family insists I spend on me...for fun...but I just don't care enough about anything to really do that. I'm a musician and a writer, so between those two outlets I find ways to vent emotionally...spiritually...and now I have this, the forum. I hope to get the chance to talk to some of you in the future...make some friends.

"I may never find all the answers, I may never understand 'why'...I may never prove what I know to be true but I know that I still have to try." -Dream Theater

scottguy

Growing up I was always laughing, smiling, performing for my family...letting them know it was ok. I moved around a TON after my folks split...even as a child I would move, making sure I knew that my parents were ok without me...which sounds incredibly selfish...cuz I knew one day I'd be gone...and I had to know for myself that they would be ok. As a man, I have stayed very light hearted with the people in my life, my mother and occassionally my wife will see the side of me that hurts...but (and I believe CF'ers know what I mean by this) there doesn't ever seem to be enough of a justification to bring them into it...the emotion...the fear...the hurting...I think we try to look out for others at our own expense. I love the people in my life fervently, I laugh a ton...and I think I'm pretty charming...(my wife is a whole lot prettier than I deserve!) As of late I have been struggling with depression when I'm alone, for example I just had a birthday...got a few extra dollars in my pocket, dollars my family insists I spend on me...for fun...but I just don't care enough about anything to really do that. I'm a musician and a writer, so between those two outlets I find ways to vent emotionally...spiritually...and now I have this, the forum. I hope to get the chance to talk to some of you in the future...make some friends.

"I may never find all the answers, I may never understand 'why'...I may never prove what I know to be true but I know that I still have to try." -Dream Theater

scottguy

<br />
<br />"I may never find all the answers, I may never understand 'why'...I may never prove what I know to be true but I know that I still have to try." -Dream Theater