Pet OR not

coltsfan715

We have a co-ck - a -poo. They are awesome - she is a mix between a co-cker spanial and a poodle. She does NOT shed and even though I am allergic to dogs I have no problems with her.

We also have 4 cats - 3 long haired Maine Coons and 1 short haired house cat. Never had any problems with them either. I am not as friendly with them since transplant just cause the docs want me to be cautious but still living with them with no problems.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

We have a co-ck - a -poo. They are awesome - she is a mix between a co-cker spanial and a poodle. She does NOT shed and even though I am allergic to dogs I have no problems with her.

We also have 4 cats - 3 long haired Maine Coons and 1 short haired house cat. Never had any problems with them either. I am not as friendly with them since transplant just cause the docs want me to be cautious but still living with them with no problems.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

bittyhorse23

I have a toy poodle..she just turned 13 in August and I have never had any issues with her. I never had any issues with pets until recently. My ex-boyfriend has 2 German Shepards and whenever I would stay there I would cough so much more! I don't have allergies (at least not that I know of) so I guess the fur just aggravated my airways.

bittyhorse23

I have a toy poodle..she just turned 13 in August and I have never had any issues with her. I never had any issues with pets until recently. My ex-boyfriend has 2 German Shepards and whenever I would stay there I would cough so much more! I don't have allergies (at least not that I know of) so I guess the fur just aggravated my airways.

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

CaliSally

What we are allergic to in pets is not necessarily the dander, it's the fluids that come from the nose, eyes and mouth of the pet. So although less dander around the house means less availbility to allergies, it's doesn't elliminate the chance if you are a pet-cuddler, like me.

No one can argue the benefits of having pets, not even doctors, and it's up to you to decide, if you are allergic, how willing and how much (of the symptoms) you can take. If you have severe asthma that accompanies the allergies, then that may be a big factor in choosing not to have a pet. Fish even have some bacteria that aren't good for us - so I doubt there is a "safe" pet.

Happy Petting,
Owner of 1 wonderful dog and 4 loving cats (formally 7 cats), and a hubby.

CaliSally

What we are allergic to in pets is not necessarily the dander, it's the fluids that come from the nose, eyes and mouth of the pet. So although less dander around the house means less availbility to allergies, it's doesn't elliminate the chance if you are a pet-cuddler, like me.

No one can argue the benefits of having pets, not even doctors, and it's up to you to decide, if you are allergic, how willing and how much (of the symptoms) you can take. If you have severe asthma that accompanies the allergies, then that may be a big factor in choosing not to have a pet. Fish even have some bacteria that aren't good for us - so I doubt there is a "safe" pet.

Happy Petting,

CaliSally

Happy Petting,

CaliSally

Happy Petting,

CaliSally

Happy Petting,

jalaucke1127

same here i have had animals my whole life and i love them. i currently have 2 dog a squirrel a ball python and a iguana along with a fish and i want more. im also even considering to be a vet tech. im 21 with cf and cfrd and i get less sick from animals then i do from other humans. i still want to be a RN nurse but i also love animals to all extent. my boyfriend and my mother hate the fact i love animals so much because i always want to bring another one home i guess they are what i consider my kids until i can have a kid of my own. ive also worked in animal shelters and no reactions unless they were sick with something that can be contagious to humans then i stayed away or made extra precautions to make sure my face was covered along with making sure my hand were clean. but if you don't have any allergys to pets they are great my pets are what keeps me going everyday considering i don't work and my boyfriend works to many hours so they keep me company.

Joanna

jalaucke1127

same here i have had animals my whole life and i love them. i currently have 2 dog a squirrel a ball python and a iguana along with a fish and i want more. im also even considering to be a vet tech. im 21 with cf and cfrd and i get less sick from animals then i do from other humans. i still want to be a RN nurse but i also love animals to all extent. my boyfriend and my mother hate the fact i love animals so much because i always want to bring another one home i guess they are what i consider my kids until i can have a kid of my own. ive also worked in animal shelters and no reactions unless they were sick with something that can be contagious to humans then i stayed away or made extra precautions to make sure my face was covered along with making sure my hand were clean. but if you don't have any allergys to pets they are great my pets are what keeps me going everyday considering i don't work and my boyfriend works to many hours so they keep me company.

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Joanna

jalaucke1127

Joanna