PICC Lines

RistaGirly

I just got a PICC line in on the 17th. I was nervous, but it didnt hurt, they put ALOT of the numbing cream on my arm before I went down to get it.
3 years ago I got one, and my mom got to stay in the room with me, especially since it was my first time for a PICC line, but this time I had to go in by myself.
The Dr. that put it in, is really funny too, he kinda keeps your mind off it.It helps alot. I've had him both times so far. Hope he doesnt leave that hospital.

I've had it in for a week so far, Wednesday i go in for a check up, to see if it can come out.. if not, ill have it in for another week.

RistaGirly

I just got a PICC line in on the 17th. I was nervous, but it didnt hurt, they put ALOT of the numbing cream on my arm before I went down to get it.
3 years ago I got one, and my mom got to stay in the room with me, especially since it was my first time for a PICC line, but this time I had to go in by myself.
The Dr. that put it in, is really funny too, he kinda keeps your mind off it.It helps alot. I've had him both times so far. Hope he doesnt leave that hospital.

I've had it in for a week so far, Wednesday i go in for a check up, to see if it can come out.. if not, ill have it in for another week.

RistaGirly

RistaGirly

RistaGirly

<br />3 years ago I got one, and my mom got to stay in the room with me, especially since it was my first time for a PICC line, but this time I had to go in by myself.
<br />The Dr. that put it in, is really funny too, he kinda keeps your mind off it.It helps alot. I've had him both times so far. Hope he doesnt leave that hospital.
<br />
<br />I've had it in for a week so far, Wednesday i go in for a check up, to see if it can come out.. if not, ill have it in for another week.
<br />
<br />
<br />

laurennn

I could spend half a day ranting about how much I hate PICC lines, but for the sake of everyone's sanity, I won't.

However, I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get rid of the scars they leave behind (or at least make them less noticeable).

laurennn

I could spend half a day ranting about how much I hate PICC lines, but for the sake of everyone's sanity, I won't.

However, I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get rid of the scars they leave behind (or at least make them less noticeable).

laurennn

laurennn

laurennn

<br />
<br />However, I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get rid of the scars they leave behind (or at least make them less noticeable).
<br />
<br />

mellybean17

I used to get picc lines. I think I've had 6 all together. I hate the scars, and I always hated when they take them out. eww. It feels so nasty. But when they put them in they usually put me to sleep, so maybe ask about that. After the 4th one, my veins started weakening, and couldn't handle them anymore, so I got a portacath, and may I say, I love it! :]

mellybean17

I used to get picc lines. I think I've had 6 all together. I hate the scars, and I always hated when they take them out. eww. It feels so nasty. But when they put them in they usually put me to sleep, so maybe ask about that. After the 4th one, my veins started weakening, and couldn't handle them anymore, so I got a portacath, and may I say, I love it! :]

mellybean17

mellybean17

mellybean17

xLifesEscapex

Hi. Ive had about 15 pic lines in my lifetime. (im 14 years old) at first i was scared to get them too and i got put under anesthesia...But now i just go in there for one day and get them done without anesthesia. Do you get put under or do they numb the area first?

xLifesEscapex

Hi. Ive had about 15 pic lines in my lifetime. (im 14 years old) at first i was scared to get them too and i got put under anesthesia...But now i just go in there for one day and get them done without anesthesia. Do you get put under or do they numb the area first?

xLifesEscapex

xLifesEscapex

xLifesEscapex