please inform me!!

anjules234

am a 14 year old girl and when i was i 11 my mom died of CF...i want information on how i could help people to understand what CF is....when someone askes me what did your mom die from and i say cystic fibrosis they look at me like i am crazy....i dont think that the public is well infomed about this disease....i want to help!...if any one knows a way for me to get information out there...so the community understands please help me!!....every one knows the pain and suffering of cancer and these other dieases..i just want people to understand this one to.....thank you for listening...i could use all the help i could get right now...sincerly julianna

anjules234

am a 14 year old girl and when i was i 11 my mom died of CF...i want information on how i could help people to understand what CF is....when someone askes me what did your mom die from and i say cystic fibrosis they look at me like i am crazy....i dont think that the public is well infomed about this disease....i want to help!...if any one knows a way for me to get information out there...so the community understands please help me!!....every one knows the pain and suffering of cancer and these other dieases..i just want people to understand this one to.....thank you for listening...i could use all the help i could get right now...sincerly julianna

anjules234

anjules234

anjules234

Skye

Julianna,

I am sorry for your loss. I am sooo sure your mom is smiling right now that you would take the time to find out what you can. I would start by looking at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation website. You may also want to get a group of your friends involved in the Great Strides Walk in the spring. You could see if your school may like to get involved in the walk. That would give you an opportunity to share with people and give you some "control" over a very difficult part of your life.

Hugs

Skye

Julianna,

I am sorry for your loss. I am sooo sure your mom is smiling right now that you would take the time to find out what you can. I would start by looking at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation website. You may also want to get a group of your friends involved in the Great Strides Walk in the spring. You could see if your school may like to get involved in the walk. That would give you an opportunity to share with people and give you some "control" over a very difficult part of your life.

Hugs

Skye

Julianna,

Hugs

Skye

Julianna,

Hugs

Skye

Julianna,

Hugs

coltsfan715

Julianna,

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I agree with Skye your mom is surely VERY proud of you right now for taking the time to learn more on how to educate others about CF.

There is SO much information that it is hard to say for sure what you want to know.

I know for me the easiest way to explain CF and how it affects me is to say it is a genetic disease and NOT contagious. It affects every part of the body that produces mucus (lungs, sinuses, digestive system and reproductive system). It can make people more prone to lung infections and most people die from repeated lung infections which slowly takes away their ability to breathe. CF can affect alot more than just the things mentioned above but those are the biggies I think - I may be wrong.

I guess that is a general summary of something you could say. It is hard to relate to what a younger person would be able to understand/comprehend too. I would look up information on the CFF.org website or on this site - I am sure you will get more responses. Also you could maybe ask your dad if he could call your mom's old Doctor to see if they have any information you could have to read. That may be beneficial too.

Good Luck with your information search. I hope that you find all that you are looking for.

Love Lindsey

coltsfan715

Julianna,

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I agree with Skye your mom is surely VERY proud of you right now for taking the time to learn more on how to educate others about CF.

There is SO much information that it is hard to say for sure what you want to know.

I know for me the easiest way to explain CF and how it affects me is to say it is a genetic disease and NOT contagious. It affects every part of the body that produces mucus (lungs, sinuses, digestive system and reproductive system). It can make people more prone to lung infections and most people die from repeated lung infections which slowly takes away their ability to breathe. CF can affect alot more than just the things mentioned above but those are the biggies I think - I may be wrong.

I guess that is a general summary of something you could say. It is hard to relate to what a younger person would be able to understand/comprehend too. I would look up information on the CFF.org website or on this site - I am sure you will get more responses. Also you could maybe ask your dad if he could call your mom's old Doctor to see if they have any information you could have to read. That may be beneficial too.

Good Luck with your information search. I hope that you find all that you are looking for.

Love Lindsey

coltsfan715

Julianna,

Love Lindsey

coltsfan715

Julianna,

Love Lindsey

coltsfan715

Julianna,

Love Lindsey

L

littledebbiesmom

Dear Julianna,
I don't have cf so I can't answer your question as well as others here but I wanted to tell you I am sorry about your Mom. I know it must be hard without her, I lost my daughter to cf and I miss her everyday. I hope you find the answers you are looking for, this is a good place to come for information. ? I will keep you in my prayers.
Take care,
Mary

L

littledebbiesmom

Dear Julianna,
I don't have cf so I can't answer your question as well as others here but I wanted to tell you I am sorry about your Mom. I know it must be hard without her, I lost my daughter to cf and I miss her everyday. I hope you find the answers you are looking for, this is a good place to come for information. ? I will keep you in my prayers.
Take care,
Mary

L

littledebbiesmom

Dear Julianna,
Take care,
Mary

L

littledebbiesmom

Dear Julianna,
Take care,
Mary

L

littledebbiesmom

Dear Julianna,
Take care,
Mary