Port not working right

randmel89

Well my DR wants me to give it a week and try flushing it again and watch for any signs of blockage and to really pay attention to where the pain is at and when does it start and when does it end. Most of his questions I already answered but we will do it his way. Thank you all for your advice.

Thanks

randmel89

Well my DR wants me to give it a week and try flushing it again and watch for any signs of blockage and to really pay attention to where the pain is at and when does it start and when does it end. Most of his questions I already answered but we will do it his way. Thank you all for your advice.

Thanks

randmel89

Thanks

randmel89

Thanks

randmel89

Thanks

lightNlife

If you have a clot, you probably wouldn't be able to flush it at all, so it's a good idea to get an appt. with interventional radiology and have them try to send some TPA (aka 'clot buster') in there. How old is your port? Mine started flushing quite slowly once I got some buildup on the end of the line. I had my port for 10 years before getting it replaced. My new one flushes so smoothly.

lightNlife

If you have a clot, you probably wouldn't be able to flush it at all, so it's a good idea to get an appt. with interventional radiology and have them try to send some TPA (aka 'clot buster') in there. How old is your port? Mine started flushing quite slowly once I got some buildup on the end of the line. I had my port for 10 years before getting it replaced. My new one flushes so smoothly.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

randmel89

Well, it has been 8 full days since we tried to flush my port waited for a week like the DR said and nope it still didn't flush. I still get weird feelings in my neck that just feels like I get a shock in my neck. He will have to do an x-ray or something to find out what is going on with it.

I will keep you all updated on what I find out. Thanks for all your advice. Now if DR's would just listen I would be much happier.

Thanks Again,

randmel89

Well, it has been 8 full days since we tried to flush my port waited for a week like the DR said and nope it still didn't flush. I still get weird feelings in my neck that just feels like I get a shock in my neck. He will have to do an x-ray or something to find out what is going on with it.

I will keep you all updated on what I find out. Thanks for all your advice. Now if DR's would just listen I would be much happier.

Thanks Again,

randmel89

Thanks Again,

randmel89

Thanks Again,

randmel89

Thanks Again,

randmel89

Tomorrow Wednesday 5th I go into the hospital and get my port checked. First off X-Rays, then they will inject some dye and see if anything is wrong with the tubing. Then they will us TPA Clot buster to remove any clots that are in it if any. Then if need be I will get the whole Port replaced this is the second time in 2 years I will have another Port. I am averaging a port a year last year the port it self gave out.

I will let you all know what happens when I get home......

randmel89

Tomorrow Wednesday 5th I go into the hospital and get my port checked. First off X-Rays, then they will inject some dye and see if anything is wrong with the tubing. Then they will us TPA Clot buster to remove any clots that are in it if any. Then if need be I will get the whole Port replaced this is the second time in 2 years I will have another Port. I am averaging a port a year last year the port it self gave out.

randmel89

randmel89

randmel89