Portable Oxygen Concentrators

P

pbpc95

This is the first time I have ever posted anything so forgive me if I am in the wrong category. I have recently had to go on O2 during my waking hours. I have been on O2 at night for some time now. I am currently on liquid O2 during the day and the process of not having enough oxygen to get through the day is most annoying! I have been researching the portable oxygen concentrators and have narrowed my choice down to the Inogen One. I would like to know if anyone has used the Inogen and how well it works. Is it as quiet as the company claims and is it really too heavy to carry around, being almost 10lbs. I'm trying to get as much info. as I can before investing in such an expensive piece of equipment. I like the idea of not having to make arrangements to have oxygen delivered in case I decide to take a trip. I've always been independent and I believe a concentrator will work best for me. Also, if anyone has used any of the other brands of portable concentrators I would like input on them as well. Thank You for any info. you have to share.

P

pbpc95

This is the first time I have ever posted anything so forgive me if I am in the wrong category. I have recently had to go on O2 during my waking hours. I have been on O2 at night for some time now. I am currently on liquid O2 during the day and the process of not having enough oxygen to get through the day is most annoying! I have been researching the portable oxygen concentrators and have narrowed my choice down to the Inogen One. I would like to know if anyone has used the Inogen and how well it works. Is it as quiet as the company claims and is it really too heavy to carry around, being almost 10lbs. I'm trying to get as much info. as I can before investing in such an expensive piece of equipment. I like the idea of not having to make arrangements to have oxygen delivered in case I decide to take a trip. I've always been independent and I believe a concentrator will work best for me. Also, if anyone has used any of the other brands of portable concentrators I would like input on them as well. Thank You for any info. you have to share.

P

pbpc95

P

pbpc95

P

pbpc95

Skye

I have used one put out by Respirtech.....the name slips me.....EverFlow maybe. It was lightweight....quiet.

When I was on O2 during the day....no longer. I did a lot of research and finally ended up with a concentrator that has a self-fill device for portables. NO O2 delivery then. I have 2 portable cylinders. One is about 5 lbs. and the other is a little bigger and lasts longer. I wanted something I could use for tennis or golf and the small cylinder worked for that. I liked the refill system....no dependence on delivery.

My flow needs were pretty low though at the time. I then made sure I got that system from an O2 company that provided to me a travel service.....they give me a loaner O2 device that is FDA approved for travel.

You might wonder how I got off O2 during the day....a lot of exercise and control of inflammation to put it in a very simplistic nutshell. I am on 1L at night now.

Skye

I have used one put out by Respirtech.....the name slips me.....EverFlow maybe. It was lightweight....quiet.

When I was on O2 during the day....no longer. I did a lot of research and finally ended up with a concentrator that has a self-fill device for portables. NO O2 delivery then. I have 2 portable cylinders. One is about 5 lbs. and the other is a little bigger and lasts longer. I wanted something I could use for tennis or golf and the small cylinder worked for that. I liked the refill system....no dependence on delivery.

My flow needs were pretty low though at the time. I then made sure I got that system from an O2 company that provided to me a travel service.....they give me a loaner O2 device that is FDA approved for travel.

You might wonder how I got off O2 during the day....a lot of exercise and control of inflammation to put it in a very simplistic nutshell. I am on 1L at night now.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />When I was on O2 during the day....no longer. I did a lot of research and finally ended up with a concentrator that has a self-fill device for portables. NO O2 delivery then. I have 2 portable cylinders. One is about 5 lbs. and the other is a little bigger and lasts longer. I wanted something I could use for tennis or golf and the small cylinder worked for that. I liked the refill system....no dependence on delivery.
<br />
<br />My flow needs were pretty low though at the time. I then made sure I got that system from an O2 company that provided to me a travel service.....they give me a loaner O2 device that is FDA approved for travel.
<br />
<br />You might wonder how I got off O2 during the day....a lot of exercise and control of inflammation to put it in a very simplistic nutshell. I am on 1L at night now.

I have the Inogen One system. It isn't heavy at all, unless you're sick and too tired to walk much. But in that case you shouldn't be going anywhere anyway.

It works great, it's so much better than those little tanks. It does the pulse dosing and it's super quiet. I've used it in stores and on trips and it never gets in the way. I would recommend that you get this system over any of the other ones.

I have the Inogen One system. It isn't heavy at all, unless you're sick and too tired to walk much. But in that case you shouldn't be going anywhere anyway.

It works great, it's so much better than those little tanks. It does the pulse dosing and it's super quiet. I've used it in stores and on trips and it never gets in the way. I would recommend that you get this system over any of the other ones.

carmick

I have the Inogen One system, too, although I only use it during the day when I'm sick. I used it as my night time O2 for a long time because it was quieter than the big concentrators so I wouldn't annoy my roommates. I like the Inogen One overall as it is small and quiet, but I think it gets heavy after awhile. Like if I'm going to carry it in a backpack I have to turn the O2 way up to not be completely out of breath. I recently got a wheeled backpack that I can drag along if I'm going to be traveling more than a short distance. If you are planning on traveling, I believe you can use it on airplanes and it fits easily into carry-on luggage.

carmick

I have the Inogen One system, too, although I only use it during the day when I'm sick. I used it as my night time O2 for a long time because it was quieter than the big concentrators so I wouldn't annoy my roommates. I like the Inogen One overall as it is small and quiet, but I think it gets heavy after awhile. Like if I'm going to carry it in a backpack I have to turn the O2 way up to not be completely out of breath. I recently got a wheeled backpack that I can drag along if I'm going to be traveling more than a short distance. If you are planning on traveling, I believe you can use it on airplanes and it fits easily into carry-on luggage.

carmick

carmick

carmick