Portacath Removal

MiniBlind1989

Yeah I had an xray done....and also an ultrasound because
it felt like there was still a line. The xray showed no port and
the ultrasound was not conclusive because they said it looks
just like tissue. So it must also be scar tissue. The swelling has gone done
a bit and it feels softer. Its been a week since they removed it
and its still uncomfortable when I lay down. I guess that can be expected.
Thanks for your input Danyell.
Im glad I got to hear from someone that had the same thing done.

MiniBlind1989

it felt like there was still a line. The xray showed no port and
the ultrasound was not conclusive because they said it looks
just like tissue. So it must also be scar tissue. The swelling has gone done
a bit and it feels softer. Its been a week since they removed it
and its still uncomfortable when I lay down. I guess that can be expected.
Thanks for your input Danyell.
Im glad I got to hear from someone that had the same thing done.

MiniBlind1989

<br />it felt like there was still a line. The xray showed no port and
<br />the ultrasound was not conclusive because they said it looks
<br />just like tissue. So it must also be scar tissue. The swelling has gone done
<br />a bit and it feels softer. Its been a week since they removed it
<br />and its still uncomfortable when I lay down. I guess that can be expected.
<br />Thanks for your input Danyell.
<br />Im glad I got to hear from someone that had the same thing done.
<br />

blindhearted

It feels like it is pulling sometimes when I lay down a certain way, so I have to reposition myself. So I do still have a few issues with laying down. My port was removed about a month ago & I still feel like there is a port there where the scar tissue is. When it was first taken out, it still felt like I had the line, but that has since gone. The only thing that feels like is there is the round part of the port where the needle goes. It has gotten smaller than it originally was but the feeling is still there. I asked my husband, who is a RN, and he said it was likely scar tissue. It will take time for it to go down & still may not go away completely. Other than having something removed and something surgically in your skin to cause scar tissue, every time you were accessed and de-accessed, the needle was causing small amounts of scar tissue. So add all that together and it's likely that there is a good amount of scar tissue there. My advice is just leave it alone (stop pushing and feeling around) and let it heal. When you continue to mess with it, it can inflame it some and keep the swelling up.

blindhearted

It feels like it is pulling sometimes when I lay down a certain way, so I have to reposition myself. So I do still have a few issues with laying down. My port was removed about a month ago & I still feel like there is a port there where the scar tissue is. When it was first taken out, it still felt like I had the line, but that has since gone. The only thing that feels like is there is the round part of the port where the needle goes. It has gotten smaller than it originally was but the feeling is still there. I asked my husband, who is a RN, and he said it was likely scar tissue. It will take time for it to go down & still may not go away completely. Other than having something removed and something surgically in your skin to cause scar tissue, every time you were accessed and de-accessed, the needle was causing small amounts of scar tissue. So add all that together and it's likely that there is a good amount of scar tissue there. My advice is just leave it alone (stop pushing and feeling around) and let it heal. When you continue to mess with it, it can inflame it some and keep the swelling up.

blindhearted

MiniBlind1989

I was told be a RN to put a heat pack on it to help the
swelling to go down....I havent..but do you think thatll help?
I try to leave it alone. Now that I have had a chance to
clean it it doesnt look to bad.
I read something about them needed to clean it 3 days after the
surgery but they said to keep the dressing there till it fell off.
I went with my gut and cleaned it myself when I got home.

MiniBlind1989

swelling to go down....I havent..but do you think thatll help?
I try to leave it alone. Now that I have had a chance to
clean it it doesnt look to bad.
I read something about them needed to clean it 3 days after the
surgery but they said to keep the dressing there till it fell off.
I went with my gut and cleaned it myself when I got home.

MiniBlind1989

<br />swelling to go down....I havent..but do you think thatll help?
<br />I try to leave it alone. Now that I have had a chance to
<br />clean it it doesnt look to bad.
<br />I read something about them needed to clean it 3 days after the
<br />surgery but they said to keep the dressing there till it fell off.
<br />I went with my gut and cleaned it myself when I got home.