Ports in women...

crystalina0814

You girls have made me feel better about this whole process...thank you! It is so great to talk with people who understand exactly what you are going through!

crystalina0814

You girls have made me feel better about this whole process...thank you! It is so great to talk with people who understand exactly what you are going through!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

liotan

I have mine on the side of my breast as well. You can't see it al all! All you can see is a little scar. When I first got it, I was so nervous as well and I was scared to go to the beach in my bikini since I was ALWAYS at the beach. My surgeon did amazing and you couldn't see it what so ever! GOOD LUCK! You will be just fine!

liotan

I have mine on the side of my breast as well. You can't see it al all! All you can see is a little scar. When I first got it, I was so nervous as well and I was scared to go to the beach in my bikini since I was ALWAYS at the beach. My surgeon did amazing and you couldn't see it what so ever! GOOD LUCK! You will be just fine!

liotan

liotan

liotan

SuzyQ

Haven't done this in a while, hope this posts normally. I just wanted to add that I loved my port, after thinking I would hate it. I, too, was having more trouble with PICCs, and the PICC placement was causing me more anxiety than I had realized (until it went away after I got the port). They placed it low on my breast and you couldn't see it even in tanks or strapless dresses. My only regret, although its up to you, was using the pediatric port. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I found that a lot of nurses had trouble hitting the "sweet spot" in the middle of the small port. In retrospect, the adult size wouldn't have shown much more, because of the low placement, and I probably wouldn't have ever had trouble accessing it. Just my two cents. Good luck.

SuzyQ

Haven't done this in a while, hope this posts normally. I just wanted to add that I loved my port, after thinking I would hate it. I, too, was having more trouble with PICCs, and the PICC placement was causing me more anxiety than I had realized (until it went away after I got the port). They placed it low on my breast and you couldn't see it even in tanks or strapless dresses. My only regret, although its up to you, was using the pediatric port. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I found that a lot of nurses had trouble hitting the "sweet spot" in the middle of the small port. In retrospect, the adult size wouldn't have shown much more, because of the low placement, and I probably wouldn't have ever had trouble accessing it. Just my two cents. Good luck.

SuzyQ

SuzyQ

SuzyQ

crystalina0814

Thanks ladies! Tomorrow is the big day- I am beyond terrified, but I have some xanax to take before hand, so that should help! I will talk to the surgeon before everything happens!

crystalina0814

Thanks ladies! Tomorrow is the big day- I am beyond terrified, but I have some xanax to take before hand, so that should help! I will talk to the surgeon before everything happens!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814