Ports in women...

PedsNP2007

Good luck! Hope that it is placed in a place that you are comfortable with, both when it is accessed and deaccessed.

I have a chest port. My first one was easy to hid under a bra strap or tank top. My new one is more centered in my chest, next to the old port site that is scarred. The new one can be seen in a lot of my tops. My old and new port stick out like a third nipple. There is no hiding it with strapless. My scars alone are noticeable, let alone my raised port area.

I think as I have gotten older, I don't really care anymore who sees my port or not. People who are acquaintances (or who don't even know me) and ask me, I brush it off. Only a few people (outside of family and a couple friends) really know what my port is there for.

My new port is smaller and is a power port. I think this time around I can use a 1/2 inch needle to get it flush to the skin so it is less protruding when accessed.

Anyone else notice a change from the old ports to the new ports in terms of the length of needle needed?

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Good luck! Hope that it is placed in a place that you are comfortable with, both when it is accessed and deaccessed.

I have a chest port. My first one was easy to hid under a bra strap or tank top. My new one is more centered in my chest, next to the old port site that is scarred. The new one can be seen in a lot of my tops. My old and new port stick out like a third nipple. There is no hiding it with strapless. My scars alone are noticeable, let alone my raised port area.

I think as I have gotten older, I don't really care anymore who sees my port or not. People who are acquaintances (or who don't even know me) and ask me, I brush it off. Only a few people (outside of family and a couple friends) really know what my port is there for.

My new port is smaller and is a power port. I think this time around I can use a 1/2 inch needle to get it flush to the skin so it is less protruding when accessed.

Anyone else notice a change from the old ports to the new ports in terms of the length of needle needed?

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

<br />
<br />I have a chest port. My first one was easy to hid under a bra strap or tank top. My new one is more centered in my chest, next to the old port site that is scarred. The new one can be seen in a lot of my tops. My old and new port stick out like a third nipple. There is no hiding it with strapless. My scars alone are noticeable, let alone my raised port area.
<br />
<br />I think as I have gotten older, I don't really care anymore who sees my port or not. People who are acquaintances (or who don't even know me) and ask me, I brush it off. Only a few people (outside of family and a couple friends) really know what my port is there for.
<br />
<br />My new port is smaller and is a power port. I think this time around I can use a 1/2 inch needle to get it flush to the skin so it is less protruding when accessed.
<br />
<br />Anyone else notice a change from the old ports to the new ports in terms of the length of needle needed?
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />31 yo cf

crystalina0814

I just wanted to thank all of you for your encouragement and kind words. I am now home and the port placement was a success. I am still in quite a bit of pain- nothing a little vicodin won't fix in a minute. Not as bad of a procedure that I had thought it would be. I am sure it will all be well worth it!

crystalina0814

I just wanted to thank all of you for your encouragement and kind words. I am now home and the port placement was a success. I am still in quite a bit of pain- nothing a little vicodin won't fix in a minute. Not as bad of a procedure that I had thought it would be. I am sure it will all be well worth it!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

J

Juniper

I'm skinny and my port sticks out, but the benefits so outweigh this. My veins were useless and now having treatment is so stress free and i can get blood taken from it which was always a nightmare for me. I wear stappy tops all the time on nights out and hardly anyone has ever asked me what it was so whether they don't notice it as much as i thought they would? Anyone who does ask i explain what it is and the sympathy vote may get me a free drink if i'm lucky LOL!! So i would say it was a good move getting mine fitted.

J

Juniper

I'm skinny and my port sticks out, but the benefits so outweigh this. My veins were useless and now having treatment is so stress free and i can get blood taken from it which was always a nightmare for me. I wear stappy tops all the time on nights out and hardly anyone has ever asked me what it was so whether they don't notice it as much as i thought they would? Anyone who does ask i explain what it is and the sympathy vote may get me a free drink if i'm lucky LOL!! So i would say it was a good move getting mine fitted.

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

blackchameleon

just thought i would mention a coupla things that i reckon are important. i had my port on the right side off my chest just above my booby. i wanted it that side because my wife slept on my left and often rested her head on the left side of my chest when dozing and cuddling. i have no port now but it would be better around the side kinda below my arm maybe next time. the reason is when we made love and pressed together my port was very noticably felt by us both and it was always always a painful reminder.
off topic i have student doctors, nurses and physio's often see me in hospital. twice i convinced two young student nurses that the lump on my chest was an undescended testicle and even let them feel the "tube" that drained the sperm to where it should go. true story.
cheers ladies, Blacky

blackchameleon

just thought i would mention a coupla things that i reckon are important. i had my port on the right side off my chest just above my booby. i wanted it that side because my wife slept on my left and often rested her head on the left side of my chest when dozing and cuddling. i have no port now but it would be better around the side kinda below my arm maybe next time. the reason is when we made love and pressed together my port was very noticably felt by us both and it was always always a painful reminder.
off topic i have student doctors, nurses and physio's often see me in hospital. twice i convinced two young student nurses that the lump on my chest was an undescended testicle and even let them feel the "tube" that drained the sperm to where it should go. true story.
cheers ladies, Blacky

blackchameleon

cheers ladies, Blacky

blackchameleon

cheers ladies, Blacky

blackchameleon

<br />off topic i have student doctors, nurses and physio's often see me in hospital. twice i convinced two young student nurses that the lump on my chest was an undescended testicle and even let them feel the "tube" that drained the sperm to where it should go. true story.
<br />cheers ladies, Blacky