Ports

scooba369

I just got my port put in a few days ago but they accessed it when i was in surgery. Does it hurt? im freaking out about it... I hate needles! The doc says they have to change the needle soon. Do different nurses hurt more?

Thank you so much =)

scooba369

I just got my port put in a few days ago but they accessed it when i was in surgery. Does it hurt? im freaking out about it... I hate needles! The doc says they have to change the needle soon. Do different nurses hurt more?

Thank you so much =)

scooba369

Thank you so much =)

scooba369

Thank you so much =)

scooba369

<br />
<br />Thank you so much =)

marisalynn

I do not have a port yet, but I am a RN and have accessed several ports as a nurse. The people that I have spoke to have said that it is not very painful at all. I'm sure it is something that you will get used to. Good luck!

Marisa, 21 with CF

marisalynn

I do not have a port yet, but I am a RN and have accessed several ports as a nurse. The people that I have spoke to have said that it is not very painful at all. I'm sure it is something that you will get used to. Good luck!

Marisa, 21 with CF

marisalynn

Marisa, 21 with CF

marisalynn

Marisa, 21 with CF

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa, 21 with CF

jaimers

Super Moderator
The first time i had mine accessed after the initial time when i was in surgery, i won't lie, it hurt a little; but i wouldn't say more than having a PICC dressing taken off and it just hurts for a second. but i've gotten used to it now and it feels like a little pinch, if that, now. sometimes i don't even feel it. it will take some time to build up a little scar tissue there so that you don't feel it when you access it. I had a nurse do it for the first time because i was scared and so having someone else do it made the first time easier for me personally. you'll get used to it though! good luck

jaimers

Super Moderator
The first time i had mine accessed after the initial time when i was in surgery, i won't lie, it hurt a little; but i wouldn't say more than having a PICC dressing taken off and it just hurts for a second. but i've gotten used to it now and it feels like a little pinch, if that, now. sometimes i don't even feel it. it will take some time to build up a little scar tissue there so that you don't feel it when you access it. I had a nurse do it for the first time because i was scared and so having someone else do it made the first time easier for me personally. you'll get used to it though! good luck

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator