Ports

RitaSonnenberg

I am on my second port. The initial times they were accessed, was when I was out.... however, I access my port monthly and change the dressing and huber needles every 7 days when I am doing my IVs. I use emla cream for an hour or two before I poke the hole in it with the needle. It gets to be old hat after a while. I don't think it is any worse than when a nurse is trying to find a vein in your arm for blood and seems like she is drilling for oil there.

RitaSonnenberg

I am on my second port. The initial times they were accessed, was when I was out.... however, I access my port monthly and change the dressing and huber needles every 7 days when I am doing my IVs. I use emla cream for an hour or two before I poke the hole in it with the needle. It gets to be old hat after a while. I don't think it is any worse than when a nurse is trying to find a vein in your arm for blood and seems like she is drilling for oil there.

RitaSonnenberg

RitaSonnenberg

RitaSonnenberg

Well I've had a port for 5 years...and I'm 13 now. Well, I have a HUGE phobia of needles. And whenever I get it accessed, I put on a certain cream that numbs it. ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THE CREAM BECAUSE THEY DO RECOMMEND IT. All you feel is the pressure of the hand of the person putting the needle in. You don't feel the needle. And I hope this helped!

Well I've had a port for 5 years...and I'm 13 now. Well, I have a HUGE phobia of needles. And whenever I get it accessed, I put on a certain cream that numbs it. ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THE CREAM BECAUSE THEY DO RECOMMEND IT. All you feel is the pressure of the hand of the person putting the needle in. You don't feel the needle. And I hope this helped!

toomuchpain

hey my name is ashley and i have had my port for two years and it didt hurts at first and now it hurts alot and i am trying to convince the doctors to take it out and evrey time now that i get addmited i have to get a piv that is how bad my port hurts so if i were you i would learn to poke yourself its easer and once it starts hurting when your flushing it tell the doctors and dont let them talk you into using it !!!!
WITH MY PORT I HAVE BEEN IN PAIN FOR3-4 MONTHS

toomuchpain

hey my name is ashley and i have had my port for two years and it didt hurts at first and now it hurts alot and i am trying to convince the doctors to take it out and evrey time now that i get addmited i have to get a piv that is how bad my port hurts so if i were you i would learn to poke yourself its easer and once it starts hurting when your flushing it tell the doctors and dont let them talk you into using it !!!!

toomuchpain

toomuchpain

toomuchpain

<br /> WITH MY PORT I HAVE BEEN IN PAIN FOR3-4 MONTHS

T

tarheel

I had a port. But it got infected. (I'm planning to get another) It hurts less than getting blood drawn, I think. there aren't as many nerves there, and they're not aiming for as specific as a target as a vein. Good luck with the port!

T

tarheel

I had a port. But it got infected. (I'm planning to get another) It hurts less than getting blood drawn, I think. there aren't as many nerves there, and they're not aiming for as specific as a target as a vein. Good luck with the port!

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel