possible cure for cf on the horizon?

Ricky123

just come back from my visit to the hospital and the docter told me next year 2009 a gene therapy clinical trial will be conducted on replacing the faulty cf gene with a healthy copy and therefore minimise the lung damage that cf causes

iam slightly sceptical and believe such a complex condition as cf cannot be cured,i see a cure possibly within the next 20 years but certainly not in the short term,
but i hope this treatment that thet are trying out will prove me wrong

Ricky123

just come back from my visit to the hospital and the docter told me next year 2009 a gene therapy clinical trial will be conducted on replacing the faulty cf gene with a healthy copy and therefore minimise the lung damage that cf causes

iam slightly sceptical and believe such a complex condition as cf cannot be cured,i see a cure possibly within the next 20 years but certainly not in the short term,

Ricky123

Ricky123

Ricky123

fondreflections

I have always felt that the ONLY CHANCE of CF being cured is through gene therapy. I don't know when or if ever, but I do and have always believed that that was my only chance!

fondreflections

I have always felt that the ONLY CHANCE of CF being cured is through gene therapy. I don't know when or if ever, but I do and have always believed that that was my only chance!

fondreflections

fondreflections

fondreflections

spacemom

Genetic therapy = definitive cure - that would be great - but more effective treatments, which could keep infections at bay and more convenient that the time-consuming nebulized ones, and vaccines against pseudo and the array of lung damage causing bacteria, would also be great and maybe more feasible. Ya know, something that placed Cf at the morbility level of other diseases that have no cure - eg.: asthma, diabetes, STd's, - which not so long ago were deadly and now people who have them, if properly medicated, have a minor risk of dying from them.
Anything, every small step, every breakthough, every cent spent in researcg and trials, means the world to us.........

spacemom

Genetic therapy = definitive cure - that would be great - but more effective treatments, which could keep infections at bay and more convenient that the time-consuming nebulized ones, and vaccines against pseudo and the array of lung damage causing bacteria, would also be great and maybe more feasible. Ya know, something that placed Cf at the morbility level of other diseases that have no cure - eg.: asthma, diabetes, STd's, - which not so long ago were deadly and now people who have them, if properly medicated, have a minor risk of dying from them.
Anything, every small step, every breakthough, every cent spent in researcg and trials, means the world to us.........

spacemom

spacemom

spacemom