Potty training

pozzy

I know this forum is for those with CF. I am the mom of a very stubborn 3 year old (cole) with CF. He has several (3-10) loose stool diapers a day. We have been working on potty training for almost a year now. We have pee down but I can't seem to get him to poop on the toilet. I have tried all the regular potty training methods. I don't think he has ever had a solid stool to my knowledge so I am not sure he knows how to push. I can't get an answer from the doctors...is this a normal CF thing or is my son just stubborn. We have tried to adjust his enzymes but his stools don't change. I would feel better if I had some advice from people who have gone through this either themselves or with their own children.

pozzy

I know this forum is for those with CF. I am the mom of a very stubborn 3 year old (cole) with CF. He has several (3-10) loose stool diapers a day. We have been working on potty training for almost a year now. We have pee down but I can't seem to get him to poop on the toilet. I have tried all the regular potty training methods. I don't think he has ever had a solid stool to my knowledge so I am not sure he knows how to push. I can't get an answer from the doctors...is this a normal CF thing or is my son just stubborn. We have tried to adjust his enzymes but his stools don't change. I would feel better if I had some advice from people who have gone through this either themselves or with their own children.

pozzy

pozzy

pozzy

Emily65Roses

It takes a lot of CF kids longer to potty train because of all of our digestive issues. I know I got potty-trained later than was "normal". Chances are, he's just having trouble. Especially if his stools are still loose most of the time. He probably can't feel them coming in time to use the potty. Have you looked at changing or upping his enzymes?

Emily65Roses

It takes a lot of CF kids longer to potty train because of all of our digestive issues. I know I got potty-trained later than was "normal". Chances are, he's just having trouble. Especially if his stools are still loose most of the time. He probably can't feel them coming in time to use the potty. Have you looked at changing or upping his enzymes?

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

kathiel

Samantha finally potty trained at 4 years old after changing to Creon 10, and spending a lot of time in the hospital. She just decided one day that she was ready to quit using the diaper. It will come with time.
I know I wasn't potty trained until I was almost 5.

kathiel

Samantha finally potty trained at 4 years old after changing to Creon 10, and spending a lot of time in the hospital. She just decided one day that she was ready to quit using the diaper. It will come with time.

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

<br />I know I wasn't potty trained until I was almost 5.

kayleesgrandma

Same with both my grandkids--don't worry it will happen--and when you least expect it. Jaykub (w/o cf) still was in pull-ups at 4--seemed to have a weak bladder...but wore regular pants after first days of kindergarten. Kaylee (w/cf) trained early, was able to wear pull-ups at 3 and was potty trained by 4. I think girls train earlier. But don't worry, it will come.

kayleesgrandma

Same with both my grandkids--don't worry it will happen--and when you least expect it. Jaykub (w/o cf) still was in pull-ups at 4--seemed to have a weak bladder...but wore regular pants after first days of kindergarten. Kaylee (w/cf) trained early, was able to wear pull-ups at 3 and was potty trained by 4. I think girls train earlier. But don't worry, it will come.

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma