Pre-transplant depression

Pre-transplant with jitters, depression, low self confidence

To BSJCA,yo girl pick your head up and hold it high.You sound like my lil sister,who cares what people think of you.You got one person who obviously loves you,your husband.Family and friends will understand your need for oxygen and to cough up some nice green cultures.HEALTHY people are shallow,no compassion idiots (some)not all.You have alot of support from fellow Brothers and Sisters living the same life as you.I played football,basketball,and I surrounded myself with very fit people to push myself.These same people were there at the beginning,middle,and end of of my journey.Family and FRIENDS will be there for you,just let go and be YOU.You cannot control the way people think,so WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Talk to CF clinics Social Worker for different options for help,or the Transplant Centers SW.I am finally getting the help I needed,but I spent alot of money before the help arrived.This was my mistake because I sold my house and put the money into a CD.I'm a donkey for doing that.My Transplant Center did get me this help,so it is out there..

Brandon Fitzpatrick,42yo with CF,double lung transplant 01/02/2008

To BSJCA,yo girl pick your head up and hold it high.You sound like my lil sister,who cares what people think of you.You got one person who obviously loves you,your husband.Family and friends will understand your need for oxygen and to cough up some nice green cultures.HEALTHY people are shallow,no compassion idiots (some)not all.You have alot of support from fellow Brothers and Sisters living the same life as you.I played football,basketball,and I surrounded myself with very fit people to push myself.These same people were there at the beginning,middle,and end of of my journey.Family and FRIENDS will be there for you,just let go and be YOU.You cannot control the way people think,so WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Talk to CF clinics Social Worker for different options for help,or the Transplant Centers SW.I am finally getting the help I needed,but I spent alot of money before the help arrived.This was my mistake because I sold my house and put the money into a CD.I'm a donkey for doing that.My Transplant Center did get me this help,so it is out there..

<br />
<br /> Brandon Fitzpatrick,42yo with CF,double lung transplant 01/02/2008

TwistedTanya

What you are feeling is normal. I found that meeting or talking with other CF lung transplant girls around my age at the same hospital helped a lot. The doctors gave me names and even asked the other girls to give me a call. Sites like these helpa lot too. It's a tough thing to go through but there are others who have gone through the same thing so talking to them makes you feel not so alone. You can't let things like coughing and 02 stop you from enjoying what you can in life. I know I felt weird with the 02 and didn't go out as much when I was on it all the time. I usually didn't feel well enough to go anywhere anyways. But yea people will look just like you would look if you saw someone with a big tumor on their head. It's not always that they are thinking negative things, some people are just curious why someone so young would need oxygen. The more people see you, the more people will ask and you can tell them so they are aware of CF and can know you aren't contagious or a freak but a sweet girl with a difficult life who they might like to help out. They might say something nice to brighten up your day. Anyone who says something negetive is an immature person or just a complete idiot or a**hole. People might be more likely to donate to you or to CF fundraising after meeting someone who has it. They can put a face, a person with the cause which will make it something closer to their heart than something they have never heard of and have no idea what it is. I still wear my mask out a lot when I'm in public. I get some looks and some comments or questions but it's better than catching something. Some people are really shocked when they find out why I am wearing the mask and end up talking with me and being super nice and wishing me the best. They'll most likely tell their family too and now more people are aware and hopefully will think about being organ donars....or at least valueing their lives a little more and not take things for granted as much.
I didn't talk about my CF either until I started getting sicker and couldn't hide it well. I've met some really caring people since I started doing fundraising and people heard my story. I got tons of cards from people I never met who live states away.
As far as fundraising, we did it to cover time my boyfriend had to take off work to be with me. It help to cover our mortgage, and electric, water, parking fees, etc. They will send you a packet of ideas. I don't know many people where I live now but you can go to places like community centers, churches, or other places to see if they could put something together for you. You can make flyers to pass out at stores or resturaunts or even leave a donation jar somewhere. Usually the fudraising foundations will give you a packet of ideas and help you out with all of it. I used National Transplant Assistance Funds (NTAF). So hang in there! Things will be so much better after you get your new lungs.

TwistedTanya

What you are feeling is normal. I found that meeting or talking with other CF lung transplant girls around my age at the same hospital helped a lot. The doctors gave me names and even asked the other girls to give me a call. Sites like these helpa lot too. It's a tough thing to go through but there are others who have gone through the same thing so talking to them makes you feel not so alone. You can't let things like coughing and 02 stop you from enjoying what you can in life. I know I felt weird with the 02 and didn't go out as much when I was on it all the time. I usually didn't feel well enough to go anywhere anyways. But yea people will look just like you would look if you saw someone with a big tumor on their head. It's not always that they are thinking negative things, some people are just curious why someone so young would need oxygen. The more people see you, the more people will ask and you can tell them so they are aware of CF and can know you aren't contagious or a freak but a sweet girl with a difficult life who they might like to help out. They might say something nice to brighten up your day. Anyone who says something negetive is an immature person or just a complete idiot or a**hole. People might be more likely to donate to you or to CF fundraising after meeting someone who has it. They can put a face, a person with the cause which will make it something closer to their heart than something they have never heard of and have no idea what it is. I still wear my mask out a lot when I'm in public. I get some looks and some comments or questions but it's better than catching something. Some people are really shocked when they find out why I am wearing the mask and end up talking with me and being super nice and wishing me the best. They'll most likely tell their family too and now more people are aware and hopefully will think about being organ donars....or at least valueing their lives a little more and not take things for granted as much.
I didn't talk about my CF either until I started getting sicker and couldn't hide it well. I've met some really caring people since I started doing fundraising and people heard my story. I got tons of cards from people I never met who live states away.
As far as fundraising, we did it to cover time my boyfriend had to take off work to be with me. It help to cover our mortgage, and electric, water, parking fees, etc. They will send you a packet of ideas. I don't know many people where I live now but you can go to places like community centers, churches, or other places to see if they could put something together for you. You can make flyers to pass out at stores or resturaunts or even leave a donation jar somewhere. Usually the fudraising foundations will give you a packet of ideas and help you out with all of it. I used National Transplant Assistance Funds (NTAF). So hang in there! Things will be so much better after you get your new lungs.

TwistedTanya

<br /> I didn't talk about my CF either until I started getting sicker and couldn't hide it well. I've met some really caring people since I started doing fundraising and people heard my story. I got tons of cards from people I never met who live states away.
<br /> As far as fundraising, we did it to cover time my boyfriend had to take off work to be with me. It help to cover our mortgage, and electric, water, parking fees, etc. They will send you a packet of ideas. I don't know many people where I live now but you can go to places like community centers, churches, or other places to see if they could put something together for you. You can make flyers to pass out at stores or resturaunts or even leave a donation jar somewhere. Usually the fudraising foundations will give you a packet of ideas and help you out with all of it. I used National Transplant Assistance Funds (NTAF). So hang in there! Things will be so much better after you get your new lungs.