Prednisone for my 7 month old baby

ashmomo

Yes, it was the CF clinic that I called today and they prescribed this.

I am now more concerned of giving this to her with the responses I am getting??

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />
<br />I am now more concerned of giving this to her with the responses I am getting??

Fran

<br />Lachy had prednisone a couple of times when he was quite little. Had no problems with it.

M

Mommafirst

We've done pred once or twice for Alyssa when she was little and having some respiratory issues. We also put my oldest son on it EVERY spring for a "burst" to help his miserably debilatating seasonal allergies.

We've had no issues as the courses have always been short term. Its the long term that is most concerning. But here's some things you should know:

1. It tastes AWFUL!!!!! You really need to get in far and squirt it down her throat quickly or she'll spit it out. We had a horrible time with this one for Alyssa.

2. It can really make them irritable. I did a burst of pred for my asthma once and I felt like a raving lunatic for a few days. It was like the worst PMS ever time 10. My son also becomes very emotional and irrational on the pred. I don't remember Alyssa having this reaction, but it is possible and it is temporary.

If you are concerned, talk to your CF doc. Mine assured me that short term use of a steroid really helps with the inflamation and can help turn around an issue quickly.

M

Mommafirst

We've done pred once or twice for Alyssa when she was little and having some respiratory issues. We also put my oldest son on it EVERY spring for a "burst" to help his miserably debilatating seasonal allergies.

We've had no issues as the courses have always been short term. Its the long term that is most concerning. But here's some things you should know:

1. It tastes AWFUL!!!!! You really need to get in far and squirt it down her throat quickly or she'll spit it out. We had a horrible time with this one for Alyssa.

2. It can really make them irritable. I did a burst of pred for my asthma once and I felt like a raving lunatic for a few days. It was like the worst PMS ever time 10. My son also becomes very emotional and irrational on the pred. I don't remember Alyssa having this reaction, but it is possible and it is temporary.

If you are concerned, talk to your CF doc. Mine assured me that short term use of a steroid really helps with the inflamation and can help turn around an issue quickly.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />We've had no issues as the courses have always been short term. Its the long term that is most concerning. But here's some things you should know:
<br />
<br />1. It tastes AWFUL!!!!! You really need to get in far and squirt it down her throat quickly or she'll spit it out. We had a horrible time with this one for Alyssa.
<br />
<br />2. It can really make them irritable. I did a burst of pred for my asthma once and I felt like a raving lunatic for a few days. It was like the worst PMS ever time 10. My son also becomes very emotional and irrational on the pred. I don't remember Alyssa having this reaction, but it is possible and it is temporary.
<br />
<br />If you are concerned, talk to your CF doc. Mine assured me that short term use of a steroid really helps with the inflamation and can help turn around an issue quickly.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I should mention that it wasn't our CF doctor who prescribed it and in our case I was concerned about using it for something that was pretty minor. A little wheezing and not something major, which was why our CF doctor also told us not to fill the prescription and explained that while it is a useful med, in ds' case it wasn't appropriate.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I should mention that it wasn't our CF doctor who prescribed it and in our case I was concerned about using it for something that was pretty minor. A little wheezing and not something major, which was why our CF doctor also told us not to fill the prescription and explained that while it is a useful med, in ds' case it wasn't appropriate.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member