Pregnancy Poll

ashleydog

# of pregnancies: 2 (due with second one in Feb)

FEV1 prior to pregnancy: I think mid 80's throughout first pregnancy they actually kept going up, this time in the 70's
lowest FEV1: no dips with first one, 60's with this one

CFRD: no

preterm labor: no, delivered #1 on his due date

weight of child at birth: 6 lbs 13 oz

uterine bleeding/spotting: no

# of IV treatments during preg: none, just lots of inhaled ones

time it took to conceive: 2 years ( including 8 iui's with #2, 4 iui's with #2)

weight gained during pregnancy: with first about 30 pounds, so far much less with this one

Breastfed #1 for a little over a year, stoped to try for #2 ( can't take fertility meds and breastfeed at the same time)

Anything else you want to add: My 2 pregnancies are night and day from each other, with the first no problems at all other than terrible restless leg syndrome keeping me up at night. This one I am severly anemic, I can't keep iron down. I had morning sickness for more than 3 months and I keep getting respirtory infections one after another

ashleydog

FEV1 prior to pregnancy: I think mid 80's throughout first pregnancy they actually kept going up, this time in the 70's

weight gained during pregnancy: with first about 30 pounds, so far much less with this one

Breastfed #1 for a little over a year, stoped to try for #2 ( can't take fertility meds and breastfeed at the same time)

Anything else you want to add: My 2 pregnancies are night and day from each other, with the first no problems at all other than terrible restless leg syndrome keeping me up at night. This one I am severly anemic, I can't keep iron down. I had morning sickness for more than 3 months and I keep getting respirtory infections one after another

ashleydog

ashleydog

ashleydog

<br />
<br />FEV1 prior to pregnancy: I think mid 80's throughout first pregnancy they actually kept going up, this time in the 70's
<br />lowest FEV1: no dips with first one, 60's with this one
<br />
<br />
<br />CFRD: no
<br />
<br />preterm labor: no, delivered #1 on his due date
<br />
<br />weight of child at birth: 6 lbs 13 oz
<br />
<br />uterine bleeding/spotting: no
<br />
<br /># of IV treatments during preg: none, just lots of inhaled ones
<br />
<br />time it took to conceive: 2 years ( including 8 iui's with #2, 4 iui's with #2)
<br />
<br />weight gained during pregnancy: with first about 30 pounds, so far much less with this one
<br />
<br />Breastfed #1 for a little over a year, stoped to try for #2 ( can't take fertility meds and breastfeed at the same time)
<br />
<br />Anything else you want to add: My 2 pregnancies are night and day from each other, with the first no problems at all other than terrible restless leg syndrome keeping me up at night. This one I am severly anemic, I can't keep iron down. I had morning sickness for more than 3 months and I keep getting respirtory infections one after another

Dea

First of all, I'm 35 and its been a while...I had my daughter when I was 24...so I'll try to remember the details.
# of pregnancies:1
FEV1 prior to pregnancy: approx hig 70s
Lowest FEV1 during pregnancy: Never dropped-actually got a little better
FEV1 post: was still in high 70s-low 80s
CFRD: yes-toward the last 2 months...and 6 mos later...full blown diabetes
Weight of child at birth: they actually rounded her up to 6 lbs so she wouldnt be considered premature-I had an ultrasound every month...and she was fully developed...so I was induced 3 1/2 weeks early.
Uterine Bleeding/Spotting: No
# of IV treatments during preg: None
Drugs: Ultrase, vitamins,prenatal vitamins,extra iron and calcium
No antibiotics needed
Time it took to conceive:11 months
Weight gained during pregnancy:17 lbs
I was the healthiest I have ever been when I was pregnant...

Dea

First of all, I'm 35 and its been a while...I had my daughter when I was 24...so I'll try to remember the details.
Weight of child at birth: they actually rounded her up to 6 lbs so she wouldnt be considered premature-I had an ultrasound every month...and she was fully developed...so I was induced 3 1/2 weeks early.
No antibiotics needed

Dea

No antibiotics needed

Dea

No antibiotics needed

Dea

<br /># of pregnancies:1
<br />FEV1 prior to pregnancy: approx hig 70s
<br />Lowest FEV1 during pregnancy: Never dropped-actually got a little better
<br />FEV1 post: was still in high 70s-low 80s
<br />CFRD: yes-toward the last 2 months...and 6 mos later...full blown diabetes
<br />Weight of child at birth: they actually rounded her up to 6 lbs so she wouldnt be considered premature-I had an ultrasound every month...and she was fully developed...so I was induced 3 1/2 weeks early.
<br />Uterine Bleeding/Spotting: No
<br /># of IV treatments during preg: None
<br />Drugs: Ultrase, vitamins,prenatal vitamins,extra iron and calcium
<br />No antibiotics needed
<br />Time it took to conceive:11 months
<br />Weight gained during pregnancy:17 lbs
<br />I was the healthiest I have ever been when I was pregnant...

Jeana

Just a question for those of you who did not do any IV drug treatments, but had significant FEV1 drops during your pregnancy. Did your doctor decide not to treat with IV drugs because of the baby? Were oral drugs taken? This is my second set of IV drugs in 6 weeks and I'm only 21 weeks along. I'm feeling frustrated because I'm not feeling healthy, but I also want the best care for my baby.

Jeana

Just a question for those of you who did not do any IV drug treatments, but had significant FEV1 drops during your pregnancy. Did your doctor decide not to treat with IV drugs because of the baby? Were oral drugs taken? This is my second set of IV drugs in 6 weeks and I'm only 21 weeks along. I'm feeling frustrated because I'm not feeling healthy, but I also want the best care for my baby.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana