Pregnant-child diagnosed

M

mneville

Hi Jill. Our firstborn son was diagnosed at 8 days old through newborn screening. He is doing amazing now at three years old. We started enzymes and CPT right away. He is now 44 pounds and very healthy!

He does some extra meds and treatments but other than that, he is just like his friends! It is alot to get used to in the beginning but it becomes your new normal. We also just had our second son through successful IVF/PGD.

Megan

M

mneville

Hi Jill. Our firstborn son was diagnosed at 8 days old through newborn screening. He is doing amazing now at three years old. We started enzymes and CPT right away. He is now 44 pounds and very healthy!

He does some extra meds and treatments but other than that, he is just like his friends! It is alot to get used to in the beginning but it becomes your new normal. We also just had our second son through successful IVF/PGD.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

S

sdelorenzo

Jill -
First of all, congratulations on the baby you are expecting!! I know this is a very challenging diagnosis, but I think you have found the right place for advice. I have two children and they both have cf. Would you mind sending me your e-mail address to sdelorenzo@sbcglobal.net ?? I want to send you a slideshow of my kid's. Yes, cf does play in a role in our lives, but it not who my kids are. I am very thankful that we live in a time where they are able to lead normal lives.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Jill -
First of all, congratulations on the baby you are expecting!! I know this is a very challenging diagnosis, but I think you have found the right place for advice. I have two children and they both have cf. Would you mind sending me your e-mail address to sdelorenzo@sbcglobal.net ?? I want to send you a slideshow of my kid's. Yes, cf does play in a role in our lives, but it not who my kids are. I am very thankful that we live in a time where they are able to lead normal lives.

S

sdelorenzo

Jill -

S

sdelorenzo

Jill -

S

sdelorenzo

Jill -

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Max was diagnosed shortly after he was born. Overwhelming to begin with, but we took things one day at a time. Enzymes, chest physiotherapy, medications, feedings. I basically just wrote everything down to keep track until it pretty much became a routine. He started daycare at three months. He goes to preschool, starts kindergarten next year. He's in swimming lessons, gymnastics and we're thinking he maybe needs to take karate 'cuz this evening he was "showing us his moves" -- was pretty funny, but he's getting exercise.

Because we have a routine down, he doesn't miss out on much. We do his CPT right away in the morning, his daycare gives him enzymes, do cpt (vest) again after work, then once again before bed.

Welcome! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Max was diagnosed shortly after he was born. Overwhelming to begin with, but we took things one day at a time. Enzymes, chest physiotherapy, medications, feedings. I basically just wrote everything down to keep track until it pretty much became a routine. He started daycare at three months. He goes to preschool, starts kindergarten next year. He's in swimming lessons, gymnastics and we're thinking he maybe needs to take karate 'cuz this evening he was "showing us his moves" -- was pretty funny, but he's getting exercise.

Because we have a routine down, he doesn't miss out on much. We do his CPT right away in the morning, his daycare gives him enzymes, do cpt (vest) again after work, then once again before bed.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member