Pseudomonas and dogs - anyone found a link?

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kitomd21</b></i>

Melissa - what did your veterinarian say?</end quote></div>

Pseudomonas is very common in dogs with ear infections & many who originally were thought to have kennel cough, but it ended up being pneumonia.

My vet assured me that my dog is from flea allergies & that hers have never been connected to pseudomonas.

I dont ever remember her telling me that AT THE TIME because I would have remembered pseudomonas being mentioned.

Its been about 2 years since my dog has had any allergic reactions therefore no recent ear infections.......now I will keep an even closer eye on both of them.

JazzysMom

Pseudomonas is very common in dogs with ear infections & many who originally were thought to have kennel cough, but it ended up being pneumonia.

My vet assured me that my dog is from flea allergies & that hers have never been connected to pseudomonas.

I dont ever remember her telling me that AT THE TIME because I would have remembered pseudomonas being mentioned.

Its been about 2 years since my dog has had any allergic reactions therefore no recent ear infections.......now I will keep an even closer eye on both of them.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Melissa - what did your veterinarian say?</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Melissa - what did your veterinarian say?</end quote>
<br />
<br />Pseudomonas is very common in dogs with ear infections & many who originally were thought to have kennel cough, but it ended up being pneumonia.
<br />
<br />My vet assured me that my dog is from flea allergies & that hers have never been connected to pseudomonas.
<br />
<br />I dont ever remember her telling me that AT THE TIME because I would have remembered pseudomonas being mentioned.
<br />
<br />Its been about 2 years since my dog has had any allergic reactions therefore no recent ear infections.......now I will keep an even closer eye on both of them.

kitomd21

That's really odd to say that an ear infection is related to fleas....are her ears scabby (i.e., the pinna or flaps themselves rather than inside the ear as if she's been scratching them?). Not trying to play veterinarian here, but fleas don't cause ear infections. Having worked in the veterinary field for over 10 years, I definitely wouldn't surmise that pseudomonas infections are common, per se. Rather, they are not unheard of, if that makes sense. At any rate, putting that aside, I still wouldn't worry about pseudomonas in relation to CF....

kitomd21

That's really odd to say that an ear infection is related to fleas....are her ears scabby (i.e., the pinna or flaps themselves rather than inside the ear as if she's been scratching them?). Not trying to play veterinarian here, but fleas don't cause ear infections. Having worked in the veterinary field for over 10 years, I definitely wouldn't surmise that pseudomonas infections are common, per se. Rather, they are not unheard of, if that makes sense. At any rate, putting that aside, I still wouldn't worry about pseudomonas in relation to CF....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

JazzysMom

Hmmmm

Supposedly my dogs ear infections are an allergic reaction to the flea bites just like the skin lesions she use to get at the same time.

As to relation with CF.....I dont know!

JazzysMom

Hmmmm

Supposedly my dogs ear infections are an allergic reaction to the flea bites just like the skin lesions she use to get at the same time.

JazzysMom

Hmmmm

JazzysMom

Hmmmm

JazzysMom

Hmmmm
<br />
<br />Supposedly my dogs ear infections are an allergic reaction to the flea bites just like the skin lesions she use to get at the same time.
<br />
<br />As to relation with CF.....I dont know!