Pseudomonas and dogs - anyone found a link?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our previous basset had a flea bite allergy. Vet was treating him with all kinds of meds, turned out the next door neighbor's dog was a hunting dog and had fleas our dog would run back and forth along the fence with their dog playing.

Another thing to consider is a food allergy. On the basset rescue site I belong too there are several people who asked about pseudomonas ear infections -- indicated hard to get rid of, very painful. Several dogs had more of a yeasty smell to them, red "arm" pits, ear issues... They did elimination diets, switched to a higher grade food... One dog was allergic to corn, another to chicken...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our previous basset had a flea bite allergy. Vet was treating him with all kinds of meds, turned out the next door neighbor's dog was a hunting dog and had fleas our dog would run back and forth along the fence with their dog playing.

Another thing to consider is a food allergy. On the basset rescue site I belong too there are several people who asked about pseudomonas ear infections -- indicated hard to get rid of, very painful. Several dogs had more of a yeasty smell to them, red "arm" pits, ear issues... They did elimination diets, switched to a higher grade food... One dog was allergic to corn, another to chicken...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Another thing to consider is a food allergy. On the basset rescue site I belong too there are several people who asked about pseudomonas ear infections -- indicated hard to get rid of, very painful. Several dogs had more of a yeasty smell to them, red "arm" pits, ear issues... They did elimination diets, switched to a higher grade food... One dog was allergic to corn, another to chicken...

grammakaky

I was just wondering, our dog has trouble with food allergies and gets ear infections from them. We teat it with her medicine when it flares up. that;s not what your're talking about is it. my granddaughter vists and stays overnite. she;s ddf508, and I worry about her getting pseudomonas. Are they the same. Please let me know. Thank you.

grammakaky

I was just wondering, our dog has trouble with food allergies and gets ear infections from them. We teat it with her medicine when it flares up. that;s not what your're talking about is it. my granddaughter vists and stays overnite. she;s ddf508, and I worry about her getting pseudomonas. Are they the same. Please let me know. Thank you.

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
You could have the vet culture your dog's ears to see if it's growing pseudo. Dogs can culture it, but I understand a pseudo infection of the ears is very painful & very distinctive

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
You could have the vet culture your dog's ears to see if it's growing pseudo. Dogs can culture it, but I understand a pseudo infection of the ears is very painful & very distinctive

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member