Pseudomonas...GO AWAY!!

BrysonsMommy

My 3 year old son cultured pseudomonas for the first time about 3 months ago... We have been doing Tobi every 28 days.. The pseudomonas is still there after 2 rounds of Tobi.. We will be starting our 3rd round in a couple weeks.. My question is how common is it for the pseudomonas to take awhile to go away..Has this happened to anybody else? Does it sometimes not go away? My son is having no symptoms from it.. I am getting more and more worried each time... Thanks..

BrysonsMommy

My 3 year old son cultured pseudomonas for the first time about 3 months ago... We have been doing Tobi every 28 days.. The pseudomonas is still there after 2 rounds of Tobi.. We will be starting our 3rd round in a couple weeks.. My question is how common is it for the pseudomonas to take awhile to go away..Has this happened to anybody else? Does it sometimes not go away? My son is having no symptoms from it.. I am getting more and more worried each time... Thanks..

BrysonsMommy

M

Mommy2Zeke

Just happened to us too. Been through one round of Tobi and Cipro (in July) and about to start 3 months Tobi and one month Cipro. Zeke is 19 months and also non-symptomatic. I had a crying session today after they called me to let me know it's still not gone. Hang in there.

M

Mommy2Zeke

Just happened to us too. Been through one round of Tobi and Cipro (in July) and about to start 3 months Tobi and one month Cipro. Zeke is 19 months and also non-symptomatic. I had a crying session today after they called me to let me know it's still not gone. Hang in there.

M

Mommy2Zeke

traxster

How do they find out if it is gone or not? My son is able to cough up a sputum sample. He has been on Tobi for one week (just a two week course) and we have a follow up next Wednesday. His cough is no longer productive, so I wonder how they found out if it is still there if there is not a productive cough?

traxster

How do they find out if it is gone or not? My son is able to cough up a sputum sample. He has been on Tobi for one week (just a two week course) and we have a follow up next Wednesday. His cough is no longer productive, so I wonder how they found out if it is still there if there is not a productive cough?

traxster

BrysonsMommy

Our clinic does throat cultures every 3 months no matter what.. Sometimes we go in just for a culture after a Tobi treatment.

Jen... You hang in there too.. It is so frustrating for it to keep coming back.. I go crazy santizing my house daily and still can't keep it away... Stay in touch..

BrysonsMommy

Our clinic does throat cultures every 3 months no matter what.. Sometimes we go in just for a culture after a Tobi treatment.

Jen... You hang in there too.. It is so frustrating for it to keep coming back.. I go crazy santizing my house daily and still can't keep it away... Stay in touch..

BrysonsMommy

<br />
<br />Jen... You hang in there too.. It is so frustrating for it to keep coming back.. I go crazy santizing my house daily and still can't keep it away... Stay in touch..

M

Mommy2Zeke

Traxster- I'm surprised that they are only putting him on 2 weeks of Tobi if he had a productive cough... but they will re-culture most likely and then decide if they should continue with Tobi and Cipro.

As for the culture, Zeke doesn't even have a cough. They swabbed his throat and got the culture. He's been non-symptomatic the whole time-since July when he cultured it. They said if it's in his lungs that it'll most likely be in his throat too.

BrysonsMommy- that's what I've been doing all day- bleaching and soaking toys after I got the news. I use clorox wipes every day like crazy and constantly use hand sanitizer, but to no avail. I have a steam mop that I use on our hardwoods regularly. I just have to come to the conclusion that it's not me...otherwise I'll go nuts thinking there's something I could have done to prevent this. PM me if you ever need to talk/vent. It's nice to have someone going through the same thing.

M

Mommy2Zeke

Traxster- I'm surprised that they are only putting him on 2 weeks of Tobi if he had a productive cough... but they will re-culture most likely and then decide if they should continue with Tobi and Cipro.

As for the culture, Zeke doesn't even have a cough. They swabbed his throat and got the culture. He's been non-symptomatic the whole time-since July when he cultured it. They said if it's in his lungs that it'll most likely be in his throat too.

BrysonsMommy- that's what I've been doing all day- bleaching and soaking toys after I got the news. I use clorox wipes every day like crazy and constantly use hand sanitizer, but to no avail. I have a steam mop that I use on our hardwoods regularly. I just have to come to the conclusion that it's not me...otherwise I'll go nuts thinking there's something I could have done to prevent this. PM me if you ever need to talk/vent. It's nice to have someone going through the same thing.

M

Mommy2Zeke

<br />
<br />As for the culture, Zeke doesn't even have a cough. They swabbed his throat and got the culture. He's been non-symptomatic the whole time-since July when he cultured it. They said if it's in his lungs that it'll most likely be in his throat too.
<br />
<br />BrysonsMommy- that's what I've been doing all day- bleaching and soaking toys after I got the news. I use clorox wipes every day like crazy and constantly use hand sanitizer, but to no avail. I have a steam mop that I use on our hardwoods regularly. I just have to come to the conclusion that it's not me...otherwise I'll go nuts thinking there's something I could have done to prevent this. PM me if you ever need to talk/vent. It's nice to have someone going through the same thing.

traxster

Mommy2Zeke, I assume that she started me on two weeks because we don't have an official diagnosis yet. That's the only thing I can think of. I got the call from the nurse before I spoke to the doctor so I had done my research and asked her if we needed to do the full month. His cough is not productive anymore. Before it was really wet and he could cough up sputum on demand and with ease.

About pseudo, I thought that it mainly was in the water. How else can they get it? I haven't been as aggressive with the sanitizing although I have begun boiling the nebs after each use. That is something I never did before, because we were just dealing with asthma.

traxster

Mommy2Zeke, I assume that she started me on two weeks because we don't have an official diagnosis yet. That's the only thing I can think of. I got the call from the nurse before I spoke to the doctor so I had done my research and asked her if we needed to do the full month. His cough is not productive anymore. Before it was really wet and he could cough up sputum on demand and with ease.

About pseudo, I thought that it mainly was in the water. How else can they get it? I haven't been as aggressive with the sanitizing although I have begun boiling the nebs after each use. That is something I never did before, because we were just dealing with asthma.

traxster

<br />
<br />About pseudo, I thought that it mainly was in the water. How else can they get it? I haven't been as aggressive with the sanitizing although I have begun boiling the nebs after each use. That is something I never did before, because we were just dealing with asthma.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I always wondered if it was in DS' sinuses, as he never really had symptoms (cough) and they always had to do a throat culture as he never coughed anything up. He DID usually have a stuffy nose though.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I always wondered if it was in DS' sinuses, as he never really had symptoms (cough) and they always had to do a throat culture as he never coughed anything up. He DID usually have a stuffy nose though.