Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)

BlueTurtle

Do we know what is considered normal, above average, range for PFT scores?

And how much merit do we need to put into these tests? Are they accurate indicators of lung function and health?

Thank you.

BlueTurtle

And how much merit do we need to put into these tests? Are they accurate indicators of lung function and health?

Thank you.

BlueTurtle

Thank you.

BlueTurtle

Thank you.

BlueTurtle

<br />
<br />And how much merit do we need to put into these tests? Are they accurate indicators of lung function and health?
<br />
<br />Thank you.

Lex

FEV1 is the best indicator for lung functioning. There's a high correlation between FEV1 and the progression of lung disease. For example, most are transplanted between 20-30% FEV1. That's not a coincidence.

Lex

FEV1 is the best indicator for lung functioning. There's a high correlation between FEV1 and the progression of lung disease. For example, most are transplanted between 20-30% FEV1. That's not a coincidence.

Lex

Lex

Lex

mariahsmommy

My daughter recently had an infant PFT and the way they explained it to me was that normal like Marjolein said is between 80 and 100. What is most important though is the trend. Say if you test one visit and it is 93 and then the next visit it drops to 83, then that is obviously cause for concern. You want to keep your baseline at 93 or whatever number you most often get.

mariahsmommy

My daughter recently had an infant PFT and the way they explained it to me was that normal like Marjolein said is between 80 and 100. What is most important though is the trend. Say if you test one visit and it is 93 and then the next visit it drops to 83, then that is obviously cause for concern. You want to keep your baseline at 93 or whatever number you most often get.

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy