Pulmozyme after Transplant

alikey1

I was wondering if anyone does Pulmozyme after TX? Ever since my TX, UCSF has pushed for Pulmozyme twice a day stating that they have seen better looking airways when patients use Pulmozyme. But my CF doctor does not like the idea and states that now my lungs are wired differently so the drainage is not the same. My CF doctor says there is no clinical proof and that unless I had actually was spitting plugs and sputum then I should be on Pulmozyme. So does anyone take Pulmozyme after TX???

Thanks!

Ali Keyghobadi
30 CF male
Lung Transplant January 28, 2008
San Ramon Ca

alikey1

I was wondering if anyone does Pulmozyme after TX? Ever since my TX, UCSF has pushed for Pulmozyme twice a day stating that they have seen better looking airways when patients use Pulmozyme. But my CF doctor does not like the idea and states that now my lungs are wired differently so the drainage is not the same. My CF doctor says there is no clinical proof and that unless I had actually was spitting plugs and sputum then I should be on Pulmozyme. So does anyone take Pulmozyme after TX???

Thanks!

Ali Keyghobadi
30 CF male
San Ramon Ca

alikey1

Thanks!

Ali Keyghobadi
30 CF male
San Ramon Ca

alikey1

Thanks!

Ali Keyghobadi
30 CF male
San Ramon Ca

alikey1

<br />
<br />Thanks!
<br />
<br />Ali Keyghobadi
<br />30 CF male
<br />Lung Transplant January 28, 2008
<br />San Ramon Ca

coltsfan715

I took a few nebs in the immediate psot transplant time - like the first few days post transplant. I had issues with the nebs personally, but even at that they never put me back on pulmozyme.

They had me taking Albuterol and an antibiotic and I'll be hjonest I can't remember the aerosolized abx at this time. I just know that they both were causing me to have bronchial spasms and I ended up stopping them. I asked my transplant doc and he told me basically if they were causing me issues it was probably because I didn't need them anymore and he stopped them and I haven't been on an aerosol for my lung since that time.

I did take colistin nebbed - but with a mask for my sinuses for about 10 days a few months post transplant because my sinuses were out of control and giving me some trouble.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I took a few nebs in the immediate psot transplant time - like the first few days post transplant. I had issues with the nebs personally, but even at that they never put me back on pulmozyme.

They had me taking Albuterol and an antibiotic and I'll be hjonest I can't remember the aerosolized abx at this time. I just know that they both were causing me to have bronchial spasms and I ended up stopping them. I asked my transplant doc and he told me basically if they were causing me issues it was probably because I didn't need them anymore and he stopped them and I haven't been on an aerosol for my lung since that time.

I did take colistin nebbed - but with a mask for my sinuses for about 10 days a few months post transplant because my sinuses were out of control and giving me some trouble.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />They had me taking Albuterol and an antibiotic and I'll be hjonest I can't remember the aerosolized abx at this time. I just know that they both were causing me to have bronchial spasms and I ended up stopping them. I asked my transplant doc and he told me basically if they were causing me issues it was probably because I didn't need them anymore and he stopped them and I haven't been on an aerosol for my lung since that time.
<br />
<br />I did take colistin nebbed - but with a mask for my sinuses for about 10 days a few months post transplant because my sinuses were out of control and giving me some trouble.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

Marjolein

I wouldn't know how Pulmozyme could help your lungs post transplant. Pulmozyme changes the DNA in sticky mucous. And ofcourse, post transplant, you are not supposed to have sticky mucous anymore.
I can imagine that it could be benificial when you have lots of sinus drainage, so sticky snot really in your bronchii.
But really when your lungs are clear, I wouldn't know why.

Post transplant I nebbed Albuterol and Colimycine, for 3 weeks while I was in the hospital.

Right now I'm on Combivent but this is because of a new lung disease. I have never nebbed Pulmo post tx.

Marjolein

I wouldn't know how Pulmozyme could help your lungs post transplant. Pulmozyme changes the DNA in sticky mucous. And ofcourse, post transplant, you are not supposed to have sticky mucous anymore.
I can imagine that it could be benificial when you have lots of sinus drainage, so sticky snot really in your bronchii.

Post transplant I nebbed Albuterol and Colimycine, for 3 weeks while I was in the hospital.

Right now I'm on Combivent but this is because of a new lung disease. I have never nebbed Pulmo post tx.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I can imagine that it could be benificial when you have lots of sinus drainage, so sticky snot really in your bronchii.
<br />But really when your lungs are clear, I wouldn't know why.
<br />
<br />Post transplant I nebbed Albuterol and Colimycine, for 3 weeks while I was in the hospital.
<br />
<br />Right now I'm on Combivent but this is because of a new lung disease. I have never nebbed Pulmo post tx.

Transplantmommy

I haven't done any treatments since about a month after the transplant. I had to do some for a month to get the remaining junk out of where I still have my own "parts" and to prevent fungal infections, but since, have done nothing.

I'm with Marjolein...it doesn't make sense to do Pulmozyme if there is nothing there to clear out.

Transplantmommy

I haven't done any treatments since about a month after the transplant. I had to do some for a month to get the remaining junk out of where I still have my own "parts" and to prevent fungal infections, but since, have done nothing.

I'm with Marjolein...it doesn't make sense to do Pulmozyme if there is nothing there to clear out.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I'm with Marjolein...it doesn't make sense to do Pulmozyme if there is nothing there to clear out.