Pulmozyme and pregnancy

InhalingHope

Thanks for all your replies. I love Pulmozyme so I would hate to go without it even more a short period of time. I am going to try to contact safefetus.com and see if they can change their data. It would be horrible if CFers stopped using such an important med because of incorrect information!

LouLou

I used it during my pregnancy along with many other medications :) My son has no delays or malformations except an undecended/retractile testicle.

LouLou

I used it during my pregnancy along with many other medications :) My son has no delays or malformations except an undecended/retractile testicle.

LouLou

kharm

Interesting...I was told by my pulmonologist that Pulmozyme and TOBI were both NOT safe during pregnancy and stopped them when I began trying to get pregnant this past February.  I got pregnant in April and am now just over 16 weeks pregnant.  I have continued the albuterol and the vest twice daily as well as Rhinocort for my sinuses during my pregnancy and am doing well so far. I would listen to your pulmonologist before the OB, because a pulmonologist knows more about treatments and medications for CF than the OB typically.  It's so hard, because neither is an expert on the other's area of specialty, and you don't know which one to listen to.  I look at it this way, though.  My pulmonologist has known my history of CF and has treated me for a long time, while the OB is not as familiar with what works to keep me healthy with regard to my CF.  For me and my pulmonologist, the risk didn't outweigh the benefit of staying on the Pulmozyme, because I have good lung function.  However, I realize that this is not the case for all patients with CF.   I think you have to do whatever is best for your health, because if you are not healthy, the baby will suffer.           

kharm

Interesting...I was told by my pulmonologist that Pulmozyme and TOBI were both NOT safe during pregnancy and stopped them when I began trying to get pregnant this past February. I got pregnant in April and am now just over 16 weeks pregnant. I have continued the albuterol and the vest twice daily as well as Rhinocort for my sinuses during my pregnancy and am doing well so far. I would listen to your pulmonologist before the OB, because a pulmonologist knows more abouttreatments and medications for CF than the OB typically. It's so hard, because neither is an expert on the other's area of specialty, and you don't know which one to listen to. Ilook at it this way, though. My pulmonologist has known my history of CF and has treated mefora long time, while the OB is notas familiar with what works tokeep me healthywith regard to my CF. For me and my pulmonologist, the risk didn'toutweigh the benefit of staying on the Pulmozyme, because I have good lung function. However, Irealize that this is not the case for all patients with CF.I think youhave to do whatever is best for your health, becauseif you are not healthy, the baby will suffer.

kharm

<BR>Interesting...I was told by my pulmonologist that Pulmozyme and TOBI were both NOT safe during pregnancy and stopped them when I began trying to get pregnant this past February. I got pregnant in April and am now just over 16 weeks pregnant. I have continued the albuterol and the vest twice daily as well as Rhinocort for my sinuses during my pregnancy and am doing well so far. I would listen to your pulmonologist before the OB, because a pulmonologist knows more abouttreatments and medications for CF than the OB typically. It's so hard, because neither is an expert on the other's area of specialty, and you don't know which one to listen to. Ilook at it this way, though. My pulmonologist has known my history of CF and has treated mefora long time, while the OB is notas familiar with what works tokeep me healthywith regard to my CF. For me and my pulmonologist, the risk didn'toutweigh the benefit of staying on the Pulmozyme, because I have good lung function. However, Irealize that this is not the case for all patients with CF.I think youhave to do whatever is best for your health, becauseif you are not healthy, the baby will suffer.

Chrissyb

hi my name is christina i have cf as well you are lucky that you can have kids beacuse i cant at all i love kids so much they make me happy i hope you have a healthy baby

Chrissyb

hi my name is christina i have cf as well you are lucky that you can have kids beacuse i cant at all i love kids so much they make me happy i hope you have a healthy baby

Chrissyb

<BR>hi my name is christina i have cf as well you are lucky that you can have kids beacuse i cant at all i love kids so much they make me happy i hope you have a healthy baby

Chrissyb

Chrissyb

Chrissyb

<BR>hi my name is christina i have cf as well you are lucky that you can have kids beacuse i cant at all i love kids so much they make me happy i hope you have a healthy baby