pulmozyme

jfarel

I've been on pulmozyme since I was a teenager (late 90's) and after about 10 years or so of inhaling it, I think its starting to bother me. I noticed it last year when I switched to the eflow that it made me more Short of Breath. I switched back the pari lc plus and it was fine. Now, even in the pari lc plus, it is making me short of breath. I experimented w/ my other inhaled med (hypertonic saline,) to see if that was the culprit. Turns out, I feel fine after the saline but after stopping the pulmozyme a couple days ago my lungs are feeling much better. The shortness of breath and chest tightness is basically gone.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experiecne with pulmozyme?

jfarel

I've been on pulmozyme since I was a teenager (late 90's) and after about 10 years or so of inhaling it, I think its starting to bother me. I noticed it last year when I switched to the eflow that it made me more Short of Breath. I switched back the pari lc plus and it was fine. Now, even in the pari lc plus, it is making me short of breath. I experimented w/ my other inhaled med (hypertonic saline,) to see if that was the culprit. Turns out, I feel fine after the saline but after stopping the pulmozyme a couple days ago my lungs are feeling much better. The shortness of breath and chest tightness is basically gone.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

W

welshwitch

I'm on the fence about pulmozyme, too. I've heard that it causes hemoptysis, and though I think it does do a good job of thinning out the mucus, I'm not sure how much it really contributes to your overall health, PFTs, etc. For me, excercise is a much better way to stay on top of your cf!!!!

W

welshwitch

I'm on the fence about pulmozyme, too. I've heard that it causes hemoptysis, and though I think it does do a good job of thinning out the mucus, I'm not sure how much it really contributes to your overall health, PFTs, etc. For me, excercise is a much better way to stay on top of your cf!!!!

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

Solo

I asked my doctor about the difference between inhaling Dornase Alfa and albuterol/saline. He told me that Pulmozyme seems to work better for people that have a difficult time moving around, but saline and albuterol works better for more mobile people. I did Pulmozyme a few years ago, and just finished saline and albuterol, but now alls I do is the therapy vest, and it seems to work fine for me. I know to get Pulmozyme now, the state covers it, but you must go through all these financial hoolahoops to get it, and I hate hoolahoops.

Solo

I asked my doctor about the difference between inhaling Dornase Alfa and albuterol/saline. He told me that Pulmozyme seems to work better for people that have a difficult time moving around, but saline and albuterol works better for more mobile people. I did Pulmozyme a few years ago, and just finished saline and albuterol, but now alls I do is the therapy vest, and it seems to work fine for me. I know to get Pulmozyme now, the state covers it, but you must go through all these financial hoolahoops to get it, and I hate hoolahoops.

Solo

Solo

Solo