Pulmozyne for my 18 month old

MelissaW

Thank you all for your insight on this. I am now leaning towards the pulmozyne and feel more confident about my decision.

MelissaW

Thank you all for your insight on this. I am now leaning towards the pulmozyne and feel more confident about my decision.

MelissaW

MelissaW

MelissaW

westonsmom

Hi Melissa,
Weston has been on pulmozyme since he was 14 mos. old. He hasn't had any lung issues yet, but was wheezing at the time so they put him on it. It works to prevent any further damage. I would consider it if I were you. Good Luck!

westonsmom

Hi Melissa,
Weston has been on pulmozyme since he was 14 mos. old. He hasn't had any lung issues yet, but was wheezing at the time so they put him on it. It works to prevent any further damage. I would consider it if I were you. Good Luck!

westonsmom

Hi Melissa,

westonsmom

Hi Melissa,

westonsmom

Hi Melissa,

folione

pulmozyme is OK - though there are definitely some different opinions and outcomes about using pulmozyme when there is not much mucus for it to work on. My son started it somewhere between age 2 and 3 mostly as preventative/maintenance med.

As for that PFT result - at our cf clinic they dont think PFTs mean much for kids under about 4 or 5 because they say the younger kids are not usually able to do the test properly. My son just started doing them in the past 6 months and his doc views it as interesting supplemental information but nothing she'd base much of his treatment on.

folione

pulmozyme is OK - though there are definitely some different opinions and outcomes about using pulmozyme when there is not much mucus for it to work on. My son started it somewhere between age 2 and 3 mostly as preventative/maintenance med.

As for that PFT result - at our cf clinic they dont think PFTs mean much for kids under about 4 or 5 because they say the younger kids are not usually able to do the test properly. My son just started doing them in the past 6 months and his doc views it as interesting supplemental information but nothing she'd base much of his treatment on.

folione

folione

folione

MelissaW

At our CF clinic they actually do a pretty reliable PFT on infants/toddlers. They sedate them and the whole test is done while she is sleeping/sedated. It takes about 2 hours. They are placed in a chamber with a mask on and vest on that constricts the lungs. Through all this they are able to get all the necessary readings. Really quite amazing.

MelissaW

At our CF clinic they actually do a pretty reliable PFT on infants/toddlers. They sedate them and the whole test is done while she is sleeping/sedated. It takes about 2 hours. They are placed in a chamber with a mask on and vest on that constricts the lungs. Through all this they are able to get all the necessary readings. Really quite amazing.

MelissaW

MelissaW

MelissaW