Question 1

Rebjane

Super Moderator
There are many problems with our healthcare system. Perhaps, one of the biggest problems is the people at the top of the structure managing our health care system; ie hospital CEO, health insurance agencys, beaurocratic policy makers do not have a background in medicine...they are business people, HR people.

We need medical professionals, ie nurses, medical doctors, at the top. These individuals have the true understanding of the health care system and how to take care of patients in a cost effective way. Get the nurses and MD's with actual bedside experience of how to take care of patients at the top.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
There are many problems with our healthcare system. Perhaps, one of the biggest problems is the people at the top of the structure managing our health care system; ie hospital CEO, health insurance agencys, beaurocratic policy makers do not have a background in medicine...they are business people, HR people.

We need medical professionals, ie nurses, medical doctors, at the top. These individuals have the true understanding of the health care system and how to take care of patients in a cost effective way. Get the nurses and MD's with actual bedside experience of how to take care of patients at the top.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

janddburke

I work for an (unnamed) insurance company so I have some idea of how claims are paid (or not)
and I have to tell you, the whole system is much more complicated that it has to be.
I don't consider myself an 'average' consumer and I have trouble coordinating claims and getting things covered.
what does an 'average' consumer do?

it's disgraceful.

janddburke

I work for an (unnamed) insurance company so I have some idea of how claims are paid (or not)
and I have to tell you, the whole system is much more complicated that it has to be.
I don't consider myself an 'average' consumer and I have trouble coordinating claims and getting things covered.

it's disgraceful.

janddburke

it's disgraceful.

janddburke

it's disgraceful.

janddburke

<br />and I have to tell you, the whole system is much more complicated that it has to be.
<br />I don't consider myself an 'average' consumer and I have trouble coordinating claims and getting things covered.
<br />what does an 'average' consumer do?
<br />
<br />it's disgraceful.

Skye

the uninsured or under-insured. how tragic in a country of great wealth and freedom that anyone should die or go without. what a great American tragedy.

Skye

the uninsured or under-insured. how tragic in a country of great wealth and freedom that anyone should die or go without. what a great American tragedy.

Skye

Skye

Skye

fourkidsmom

What bothers me the most is the cost of things in the hospital, medications, etc., EX: My daughter (no cf) went into the hospital to have 3 teeth capped, and 3 filled. The total for the teeth bill was for us $1200.00 and the total for the hospital for a total of 6 hours was $6,400.00!!! (our portion is around $1200.00) and to put her out was $900.00 and haven't gotten our portion yet. Then we all know how much the CF related expenses are. Totally over inflated costs, they need to be more regulated.

fourkidsmom

What bothers me the most is the cost of things in the hospital, medications, etc., EX: My daughter (no cf) went into the hospital to have 3 teeth capped, and 3 filled. The total for the teeth bill was for us $1200.00 and the total for the hospital for a total of 6 hours was $6,400.00!!! (our portion is around $1200.00) and to put her out was $900.00 and haven't gotten our portion yet. Then we all know how much the CF related expenses are. Totally over inflated costs, they need to be more regulated.

fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom