Question for those who have met Dr. Warwick

M

mneville

We have his new Respirtech. We never bothered with the Hill Rom. Aidan started an hour a day at 18 months old at 70-80%.

Aidan was IGE blood tested for everything but skin tested only for a penicillen allergy which was negative. The skin testing was hard for him though- tons of needles stuck under his skin for over two hours. Is is that bad for other allergens?

Are you seeing Warwick again or the new doc?

Megan

M

mneville

We have his new Respirtech. We never bothered with the Hill Rom. Aidan started an hour a day at 18 months old at 70-80%.

Aidan was IGE blood tested for everything but skin tested only for a penicillen allergy which was negative. The skin testing was hard for him though- tons of needles stuck under his skin for over two hours. Is is that bad for other allergens?

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

NoExcuses

Yes, it's that bad for other allergens. Smack the doctor that gave you an IgE blood test. It's useless.

Maybe test for one allergen at a time if that's what it takes. Dust mites should be at the top of your list.

I don't live anywhere near MN so if I ever go back, it will be to see Warwick not another doc. I wouldn't fly 3 hours to see anyone else.

My skin test was given to me by a woman who was once the head of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. The test was 8 hours each of two days. Talk about thorough. I know my health is better because of it, though.

NoExcuses

Yes, it's that bad for other allergens. Smack the doctor that gave you an IgE blood test. It's useless.

Maybe test for one allergen at a time if that's what it takes. Dust mites should be at the top of your list.

I don't live anywhere near MN so if I ever go back, it will be to see Warwick not another doc. I wouldn't fly 3 hours to see anyone else.

My skin test was given to me by a woman who was once the head of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. The test was 8 hours each of two days. Talk about thorough. I know my health is better because of it, though.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

Irishgal

Hello all!
I went to see Warwick in December. I just looked him up on the internet on The Univ of Minnesota CF website, found his e-mail & e-mailed him. The next day, his secretary e-mailed me back, & I was able to make an appointment in 2 weeks!!
It was an amazing experience. He is just so wonderful & had awesome suggestions for me. For one example, I just now ordered the vest he recommended.
The consult is $600, but insurance will cover some of that (not sure how much yours will, but maybe you can call & ask).
It was well worth the trip out there & just the experience of meeting a man who has dedicated his ENTIRE life to CF research & CF care was so emotional for me & well worth it.
Good luck to you, I hope you can find it in your finances to meet him!

Irishgal

Hello all!
I went to see Warwick in December. I just looked him up on the internet on The Univ of Minnesota CF website, found his e-mail & e-mailed him. The next day, his secretary e-mailed me back, & I was able to make an appointment in 2 weeks!!
It was an amazing experience. He is just so wonderful & had awesome suggestions for me. For one example, I just now ordered the vest he recommended.
The consult is $600, but insurance will cover some of that (not sure how much yours will, but maybe you can call & ask).
It was well worth the trip out there & just the experience of meeting a man who has dedicated his ENTIRE life to CF research & CF care was so emotional for me & well worth it.

Irishgal

Hello all!

Irishgal

Hello all!

Irishgal

Hello all!

nicole781

thank you all for your help, it has answered most of my questions. I have to figure out if we can do it....i dont see where it would be a huge problem, but I need to look over some things.

One thing though, Alexa is only 7 months old, do you think it's worth it to get out there soon, or should I wait a little (like after her first birthday) to be able to talk about the vest and stuff too?

nicole781

thank you all for your help, it has answered most of my questions. I have to figure out if we can do it....i dont see where it would be a huge problem, but I need to look over some things.

One thing though, Alexa is only 7 months old, do you think it's worth it to get out there soon, or should I wait a little (like after her first birthday) to be able to talk about the vest and stuff too?

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781