Question for those with FEV1 around 70 or over.

serendipity730

Hi,

My FEV1 is usually between 75-80 when I am doing my best. It has (thankfully) remained pretty stable over the last several years. However, I usually need IV meds annually, and oral antibiotics every few months. My dr. feels like I get sick a lot, considering my good lung function. So, I was wondering how often those of you have an FEV1 around mind are sick. Thanks!!

serendipity730

Hi,

My FEV1 is usually between 75-80 when I am doing my best. It has (thankfully) remained pretty stable over the last several years. However, I usually need IV meds annually, and oral antibiotics every few months. My dr. feels like I get sick a lot, considering my good lung function. So, I was wondering how often those of you have an FEV1 around mind are sick. Thanks!!

serendipity730

Hi,

serendipity730

Hi,

serendipity730

Hi,
<br />
<br />My FEV1 is usually between 75-80 when I am doing my best. It has (thankfully) remained pretty stable over the last several years. However, I usually need IV meds annually, and oral antibiotics every few months. My dr. feels like I get sick a lot, considering my good lung function. So, I was wondering how often those of you have an FEV1 around mind are sick. Thanks!!

debs2girls

I do not intend to come off as rude, so please dont take it that way...

If my daughter wasnt sick any more than that, I would feel like she was a normal kid after all. Her lung function is between 70-74 now...one year ago is was 127%. She is not off of any type of abx for as long as you are on them... hope that made sense...

debs2girls

If my daughter wasnt sick any more than that, I would feel like she was a normal kid after all. Her lung function is between 70-74 now...one year ago is was 127%. She is not off of any type of abx for as long as you are on them... hope that made sense...

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />
<br />If my daughter wasnt sick any more than that, I would feel like she was a normal kid after all. Her lung function is between 70-74 now...one year ago is was 127%. She is not off of any type of abx for as long as you are on them... hope that made sense...

JazzysMom

Being "sick" can be attributed to many things NOT related to CF like allergies, stress etc.

Then there is a sinus possibilities, diet etc which could or could not be CF related.

I have been told (often) that exercise is a good way to keep your whole body conditioned to help the lungs & overall health.

JazzysMom

Being "sick" can be attributed to many things NOT related to CF like allergies, stress etc.

Then there is a sinus possibilities, diet etc which could or could not be CF related.

I have been told (often) that exercise is a good way to keep your whole body conditioned to help the lungs & overall health.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Then there is a sinus possibilities, diet etc which could or could not be CF related.
<br />
<br />I have been told (often) that exercise is a good way to keep your whole body conditioned to help the lungs & overall health.
<br />
<br />

M

moxie1

Hi,

My FEV1 is over 70%.

I myself am not sick very often. The last time I was on any antibiotics (oral or IV) other than my maintenance Bactrim was over 2 years ago.

Back then, I would say 98% of my sicknesses started as a sinus infection. I started nasal irrigation and that has helped immensely. When I do feel like I'm starting with something, I start doing the oil of oregano drops under my tongue. Just a couple of drops, 3x's a day, and whatever was starting seems to go away.

For me, four things are very important in in preventing sickness.

1) stay compliant - I never ever miss a treatment. If I am going to be out at night, I do my evening treatment in the afternoon, because I know I might be too tired if I wait. So, no matter what, I do 2 30-minutes vest treatments a day

2) exercise - enough to get you sweating and breathing hard

3) keeping hands clean - when I get home from a store, I wash my hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds, followed by hand sanitizer.

4) nasal irrigation

Hope this helps.

M

moxie1

Hi,

My FEV1 is over 70%.

I myself am not sick very often. The last time I was on any antibiotics (oral or IV) other than my maintenance Bactrim was over 2 years ago.

Back then, I would say 98% of my sicknesses started as a sinus infection. I started nasal irrigation and that has helped immensely. When I do feel like I'm starting with something, I start doing the oil of oregano drops under my tongue. Just a couple of drops, 3x's a day, and whatever was starting seems to go away.

1) stay compliant - I never ever miss a treatment. If I am going to be out at night, I do my evening treatment in the afternoon, because I know I might be too tired if I wait. So, no matter what, I do 2 30-minutes vest treatments a day

3) keeping hands clean - when I get home from a store, I wash my hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds, followed by hand sanitizer.

4) nasal irrigation

Hope this helps.

M

moxie1

Hi,

My FEV1 is over 70%.

4) nasal irrigation

Hope this helps.

M

moxie1

Hi,

My FEV1 is over 70%.

4) nasal irrigation

Hope this helps.

M

moxie1

Hi,
<br />
<br />My FEV1 is over 70%.
<br />
<br />I myself am not sick very often. The last time I was on any antibiotics (oral or IV) other than my maintenance Bactrim was over 2 years ago.
<br />
<br />Back then, I would say 98% of my sicknesses started as a sinus infection. I started nasal irrigation and that has helped immensely. When I do feel like I'm starting with something, I start doing the oil of oregano drops under my tongue. Just a couple of drops, 3x's a day, and whatever was starting seems to go away.
<br />
<br />For me, four things are very important in in preventing sickness.
<br />
<br />1) stay compliant - I never ever miss a treatment. If I am going to be out at night, I do my evening treatment in the afternoon, because I know I might be too tired if I wait. So, no matter what, I do 2 30-minutes vest treatments a day
<br />
<br />2) exercise - enough to get you sweating and breathing hard
<br />
<br />3) keeping hands clean - when I get home from a store, I wash my hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds, followed by hand sanitizer.
<br />
<br />4) nasal irrigation
<br />
<br />Hope this helps.