Question for those with FEV1 around 70 or over.

H

hopesiris

I'm somewhere between 87-99% depending on which equipment they use. I have been practicing good CF self care for many years before my dx. Germ control, immune boosting, exercise and good nutrition were all important pre dx to lessen the constant infections I was getting and now I do treatments.

H

hopesiris

I'm somewhere between 87-99% depending on which equipment they use. I have been practicing good CF self care for many years before my dx. Germ control, immune boosting, exercise and good nutrition were all important pre dx to lessen the constant infections I was getting and now I do treatments.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

Melissa75

Administrator
My FEV1 is over 100% and I have bronchiectasis without CF.
I am on oral abs about once a month or more from Sept thru June. Often once in the summer too.
This is been the case for me for 4-5 five years now. Prior to that I had a "bad" cough but only 1-2 infections a year.
My sputum cultures are often negative, but I get significantly better after 3-4 days of moxyfloxacin. I have had two bronchoscopies yielding no useful info.
I am very compliant to my PT routine also (vest, neb saline, acapella, sinus washes, symbicort, singulair).
I think I can join you in the confusing patient category
:)

Melissa75

Administrator
I am on oral abs about once a month or more from Sept thru June. Often once in the summer too.
This is been the case for me for 4-5 five years now. Prior to that I had a "bad" cough but only 1-2 infections a year.
My sputum cultures are often negative, but I get significantly better after 3-4 days of moxyfloxacin. I have had two bronchoscopies yielding no useful info.
I am very compliant to my PT routine also (vest, neb saline, acapella, sinus washes, symbicort, singulair).

Melissa75

Administrator

Melissa75

Administrator

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />I am on oral abs about once a month or more from Sept thru June. Often once in the summer too.
<br />This is been the case for me for 4-5 five years now. Prior to that I had a "bad" cough but only 1-2 infections a year.
<br />My sputum cultures are often negative, but I get significantly better after 3-4 days of moxyfloxacin. I have had two bronchoscopies yielding no useful info.
<br />I am very compliant to my PT routine also (vest, neb saline, acapella, sinus washes, symbicort, singulair).
<br />I think I can join you in the confusing patient category
<br />:)

Solo

My last FEV1 was 77, but this time I know it will be lower. I think I will require some oral antibiotic to conquer this cold I caught. It seems like I get sick every winter, as where I work I can't help but be around tons of people with the flu/cold. I'm hardly ever sick to the point where I need IV antibiotics.

Solo

My last FEV1 was 77, but this time I know it will be lower. I think I will require some oral antibiotic to conquer this cold I caught. It seems like I get sick every winter, as where I work I can't help but be around tons of people with the flu/cold. I'm hardly ever sick to the point where I need IV antibiotics.

Solo

Solo

Solo

laulau555

my fev1 is over 70%.... 90% when I'm healthy. I still get sick about two-three times a year and its usually triggered by a cold. However, I have B. Cepecia as well so I get normal exhaserbations (spelling?) at which point my fev1 goes down to 50 and bounces back after a few weeks of abx.

laulau555

my fev1 is over 70%.... 90% when I'm healthy. I still get sick about two-three times a year and its usually triggered by a cold. However, I have B. Cepecia as well so I get normal exhaserbations (spelling?) at which point my fev1 goes down to 50 and bounces back after a few weeks of abx.

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555