Questions about Oxygen

nicolaj

I am a little confused. When i was very unwell last year, and my pft was around 15%, i was given o2 at home. at the moment my pft has doubled and is now around 30%. i still feel like i "need" o2, but my o2 sats have always been pretty high. At rest my o2 sats are 97% at best. When i sleep they drop to 93%. so do i need oxygen?or is it just a bit of a habit?
i dont understand how i can have good o2 sats, but my pft is low and im being considered for lung transplant? Help!

Nicola xx

nicolaj

I am a little confused. When i was very unwell last year, and my pft was around 15%, i was given o2 at home. at the moment my pft has doubled and is now around 30%. i still feel like i "need" o2, but my o2 sats have always been pretty high. At rest my o2 sats are 97% at best. When i sleep they drop to 93%. so do i need oxygen?or is it just a bit of a habit?
i dont understand how i can have good o2 sats, but my pft is low and im being considered for lung transplant? Help!

Nicola xx

lflatford

<i><b>am a little confused. When i was very unwell last year, and my pft was around 15%, i was given o2 at home. at the moment my pft has doubled and is now around 30%. i still feel like i "need" o2, but my o2 sats have always been pretty high. At rest my o2 sats are 97% at best. When i sleep they drop to 93%. so do i need oxygen?or is it just a bit of a habit?
i dont understand how i can have good o2 sats, but my pft is low and im being considered for lung transplant? Help</b></i>!

Whan your body relaxes to sleep you sats drop, does not matter if you have CF or not. Do you remember as a kid waking up to go get something to drink, and feeling out of breath, that is because your body is trying to get your sats up because they dropped when you were asleep. So 93 at sleep is extremely good, considering a person without cf might be around 95-96. Hope this helps.

lflatford

<i><b>am a little confused. When i was very unwell last year, and my pft was around 15%, i was given o2 at home. at the moment my pft has doubled and is now around 30%. i still feel like i "need" o2, but my o2 sats have always been pretty high. At rest my o2 sats are 97% at best. When i sleep they drop to 93%. so do i need oxygen?or is it just a bit of a habit?
i dont understand how i can have good o2 sats, but my pft is low and im being considered for lung transplant? Help</b></i>!

Whan your body relaxes to sleep you sats drop, does not matter if you have CF or not. Do you remember as a kid waking up to go get something to drink, and feeling out of breath, that is because your body is trying to get your sats up because they dropped when you were asleep. So 93 at sleep is extremely good, considering a person without cf might be around 95-96. Hope this helps.

lflatford

katyf13

Don't be afraid of O2 if you need it. You get used to it. Mike has a tiny portable tank that lasts for 6 hours. He can go about his life with it. Without the o2, he probably wouldn't still be here.

katyf13

Don't be afraid of O2 if you need it. You get used to it. Mike has a tiny portable tank that lasts for 6 hours. He can go about his life with it. Without the o2, he probably wouldn't still be here.

katyf13