Quick easy dinners for CF kids and their family

izemmom

Emily discovered fried fish the other day, too! We had gone to Culver's on my "no count" day - the one day a week when I don't count my calories. I had the atlantic cod sandwich...sooooo many calories...anyway, she asked to try the fish so I broke some off for her. She proceeded to eat HALF of the fish in my sandwich, and only stopped when I made her! At least it was only 50% of the calories I would have consumed!

Today at lunch, she picked the croutons out of my salad, too. She's turning into a pretty good diet plan for me - she eats the fat, I don't! LOL

I need a dinner idea for tonight. Anyone?

izemmom

Emily discovered fried fish the other day, too! We had gone to Culver's on my "no count" day - the one day a week when I don't count my calories. I had the atlantic cod sandwich...sooooo many calories...anyway, she asked to try the fish so I broke some off for her. She proceeded to eat HALF of the fish in my sandwich, and only stopped when I made her! At least it was only 50% of the calories I would have consumed!

Today at lunch, she picked the croutons out of my salad, too. She's turning into a pretty good diet plan for me - she eats the fat, I don't! LOL

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />Today at lunch, she picked the croutons out of my salad, too. She's turning into a pretty good diet plan for me - she eats the fat, I don't! LOL
<br />
<br />I need a dinner idea for tonight. Anyone?

KeiraMomDad

My Daughter and Husband love this one..
I take Keibasa sausage and cut it up and put it in my rice cooker with the "sticky" long cooking rice add a can of tomatoes with onions and a dash of tabasco sauce and some crushed red chilli and let cook about 1/2 hour. Easy and tasty! you could add shrimp or cooked chicken

KeiraMomDad

I take Keibasa sausage and cut it up and put it in my rice cooker with the "sticky" long cooking rice add a can of tomatoes with onions and a dash of tabasco sauce and some crushed red chilli and let cook about 1/2 hour. Easy and tasty! you could add shrimp or cooked chicken

KeiraMomDad

KeiraMomDad

KeiraMomDad

<br />I take Keibasa sausage and cut it up and put it in my rice cooker with the "sticky" long cooking rice add a can of tomatoes with onions and a dash of tabasco sauce and some crushed red chilli and let cook about 1/2 hour. Easy and tasty! you could add shrimp or cooked chicken

M

Mommy2Zeke

Here are a couple of my favorite easy dishes.

Mushroom Swiss Chicken
Preheat oven to 375. Take 4-6 boneless breast halves and thaw and place in a 9x12 casserole dish. Open 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and spoon out over chicken. Smear both sides of chicken with soup (don't add water to the soup, you want it to be creamy). Sprinkle with desired herbs (rosemary, thyme, dill are all good). Top with shredded or slices of swiss cheese. Cover with foil and put in the oven for 20 mins. Remove foil or form a 'tent' with the foil and bake for an additional 20=25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and fully melted. Serve over pasta of your choice.

Mexican Casserole
Preheat oven to 400. Tear flour tortillas into strips and cover bottom of casserole dish. Brown 1.5 lbs of ground beef or buffalo in a skillet and add a packet of Taco seasoning. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 can corn, 1 can rotel, 1 can refried beans, 1 can chili beans.

In the casserole dish, on top of layer of tortilla strips, pour a thin layer of browned meat. Top with thin layer of bean/corn/rotel mixture. Top with shredded cheese of your choice. Tear more strips of tortilla and lay over top, then repeat layering of meat, mixture, cheese. Repeat whole process once more so you end up with three whole repeating layers, then top with more tortilla strips, cover in shredded cheese, cover dish with foil and cook until beans are bubbly and cheese is melted. This dish takes a little more time, but there's enough made at one time for several meals.

M

Mommy2Zeke

Mushroom Swiss Chicken
Preheat oven to 375. Take 4-6 boneless breast halves and thaw and place in a 9x12 casserole dish. Open 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and spoon out over chicken. Smear both sides of chicken with soup (don't add water to the soup, you want it to be creamy). Sprinkle with desired herbs (rosemary, thyme, dill are all good). Top with shredded or slices of swiss cheese. Cover with foil and put in the oven for 20 mins. Remove foil or form a 'tent' with the foil and bake for an additional 20=25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and fully melted. Serve over pasta of your choice.

Mexican Casserole
Preheat oven to 400. Tear flour tortillas into strips and cover bottom of casserole dish. Brown 1.5 lbs of ground beef or buffalo in a skillet and add a packet of Taco seasoning. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 can corn, 1 can rotel, 1 can refried beans, 1 can chili beans.

In the casserole dish, on top of layer of tortilla strips, pour a thin layer of browned meat. Top with thin layer of bean/corn/rotel mixture. Top with shredded cheese of your choice. Tear more strips of tortilla and lay over top, then repeat layering of meat, mixture, cheese. Repeat whole process once more so you end up with three whole repeating layers, then top with more tortilla strips, cover in shredded cheese, cover dish with foil and cook until beans are bubbly and cheese is melted. This dish takes a little more time, but there's enough made at one time for several meals.

M

Mommy2Zeke

Mushroom Swiss Chicken

Mexican Casserole

M

Mommy2Zeke

Mushroom Swiss Chicken

Mexican Casserole

M

Mommy2Zeke

<br />
<br />Mushroom Swiss Chicken
<br />Preheat oven to 375. Take 4-6 boneless breast halves and thaw and place in a 9x12 casserole dish. Open 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and spoon out over chicken. Smear both sides of chicken with soup (don't add water to the soup, you want it to be creamy). Sprinkle with desired herbs (rosemary, thyme, dill are all good). Top with shredded or slices of swiss cheese. Cover with foil and put in the oven for 20 mins. Remove foil or form a 'tent' with the foil and bake for an additional 20=25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and fully melted. Serve over pasta of your choice.
<br />
<br />Mexican Casserole
<br />Preheat oven to 400. Tear flour tortillas into strips and cover bottom of casserole dish. Brown 1.5 lbs of ground beef or buffalo in a skillet and add a packet of Taco seasoning. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 can corn, 1 can rotel, 1 can refried beans, 1 can chili beans.
<br />
<br />In the casserole dish, on top of layer of tortilla strips, pour a thin layer of browned meat. Top with thin layer of bean/corn/rotel mixture. Top with shredded cheese of your choice. Tear more strips of tortilla and lay over top, then repeat layering of meat, mixture, cheese. Repeat whole process once more so you end up with three whole repeating layers, then top with more tortilla strips, cover in shredded cheese, cover dish with foil and cook until beans are bubbly and cheese is melted. This dish takes a little more time, but there's enough made at one time for several meals.