Really frusterated and looking for help, sigh.

crystalina0814

I am trying to figure all of this out!

I got pretty sick a few weeks ago- my FEV1 had dropped to about 63%. I am typically around the high 70's low 80's (on a good visit!) I culture Staph (not MRSA) but have been on many many doses of Bactrim this winter, so I was put on IV Zyvox. A week later my FEV1 had dropped to 52%. My chest was extremely tight, and lots of wheezing. Prednisone was added. This week I was at 64%, so back to where I was when this all started. Needless to say, I am still on IVs.

Everything I am coughing up is clear. It has been this way since last week. No green junk. Today, since my pfts were not at baseline, the docs also added Keflex. I took one dose, and now I am coughing up more globs of mucus- darker yellow and in chunks. This is so gross! I am not sure the tightness has been relieved by coughing this up...but I aure am getting stuff out. The docs also stopped Hypertonic Saline just in case it was causing the irritation.

I just want to feel better...and to get rid of this tightness. This is a half-venting post and a half-looking for advice. What would you do to bring these numbers back up? I recently added back in my cardio on Sunday ( I haven't been doing it for about 2 weeks dure to the Zyvox wiping me out!)

I am nervous about discontinuing the Hypertonic Saline as well...it seems to help so much.

crystalina0814

I got pretty sick a few weeks ago- my FEV1 had dropped to about 63%. I am typically around the high 70's low 80's (on a good visit!) I culture Staph (not MRSA) but have been on many many doses of Bactrim this winter, so I was put on IV Zyvox. A week later my FEV1 had dropped to 52%. My chest was extremely tight, and lots of wheezing. Prednisone was added. This week I was at 64%, so back to where I was when this all started. Needless to say, I am still on IVs.

Everything I am coughing up is clear. It has been this way since last week. No green junk. Today, since my pfts were not at baseline, the docs also added Keflex. I took one dose, and now I am coughing up more globs of mucus- darker yellow and in chunks. This is so gross! I am not sure the tightness has been relieved by coughing this up...but I aure am getting stuff out. The docs also stopped Hypertonic Saline just in case it was causing the irritation.

I just want to feel better...and to get rid of this tightness. This is a half-venting post and a half-looking for advice. What would you do to bring these numbers back up? I recently added back in my cardio on Sunday ( I haven't been doing it for about 2 weeks dure to the Zyvox wiping me out!)

I am nervous about discontinuing the Hypertonic Saline as well...it seems to help so much.

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

<br />
<br />I got pretty sick a few weeks ago- my FEV1 had dropped to about 63%. I am typically around the high 70's low 80's (on a good visit!) I culture Staph (not MRSA) but have been on many many doses of Bactrim this winter, so I was put on IV Zyvox. A week later my FEV1 had dropped to 52%. My chest was extremely tight, and lots of wheezing. Prednisone was added. This week I was at 64%, so back to where I was when this all started. Needless to say, I am still on IVs.
<br />
<br />Everything I am coughing up is clear. It has been this way since last week. No green junk. Today, since my pfts were not at baseline, the docs also added Keflex. I took one dose, and now I am coughing up more globs of mucus- darker yellow and in chunks. This is so gross! I am not sure the tightness has been relieved by coughing this up...but I aure am getting stuff out. The docs also stopped Hypertonic Saline just in case it was causing the irritation.
<br />
<br />I just want to feel better...and to get rid of this tightness. This is a half-venting post and a half-looking for advice. What would you do to bring these numbers back up? I recently added back in my cardio on Sunday ( I haven't been doing it for about 2 weeks dure to the Zyvox wiping me out!)
<br />
<br />I am nervous about discontinuing the Hypertonic Saline as well...it seems to help so much.

petnurse

Hi Christina,
I'm sorry you are having a hrd time. I was hoping you were feeling much better. I can't do much really, but be there for you to vent :) I don't have much CF experience yet. It seems like you coughing up the nasty stuff must be a good thing. Maybe those antibiotics are finally reaching the junk that caused your lower numbers in the first place. Just a thought. Hope you feel better soon!

petnurse

Hi Christina,
I'm sorry you are having a hrd time. I was hoping you were feeling much better. I can't do much really, but be there for you to vent :) I don't have much CF experience yet. It seems like you coughing up the nasty stuff must be a good thing. Maybe those antibiotics are finally reaching the junk that caused your lower numbers in the first place. Just a thought. Hope you feel better soon!

petnurse

Hi Christina,

petnurse

Hi Christina,

petnurse

Hi Christina,
<br />I'm sorry you are having a hrd time. I was hoping you were feeling much better. I can't do much really, but be there for you to vent :) I don't have much CF experience yet. It seems like you coughing up the nasty stuff must be a good thing. Maybe those antibiotics are finally reaching the junk that caused your lower numbers in the first place. Just a thought. Hope you feel better soon!

rvm1212

Sorry you are not feeling well.
Have you been tested for MAC, aspergillus, and allergies? (just some ideas)
Hope they find out what is going on and that you´ll feel better soon.

rvm1212

rvm1212

rvm1212

rvm1212

<br />Have you been tested for MAC, aspergillus, and allergies? (just some ideas)
<br />Hope they find out what is going on and that you´ll feel better soon.