Red Man Syndrom

randmel89

I have Red Man Syndrom really bad even though I take 50mg of Benadryl one hour before infusing Vancomycin. I also infuse Vanco for 2 hours to help with the red man. Does any one have any ideas I could try or even any ideas on how to help calm all the itching?

Thank You in Advance

randmel89

I have Red Man Syndrom really bad even though I take 50mg of Benadryl one hour before infusing Vancomycin. I also infuse Vanco for 2 hours to help with the red man. Does any one have any ideas I could try or even any ideas on how to help calm all the itching?

Thank You in Advance

randmel89

Thank You in Advance

randmel89

Thank You in Advance

randmel89

<br />
<br />Thank You in Advance

hbollotte

i took benadryl before and they diluted my dose so it took two hours. i didn't itch after they diluted it. good luck, i remember the first does i took, i turned bright red and itched like crazy.

hbollotte

i took benadryl before and they diluted my dose so it took two hours. i didn't itch after they diluted it. good luck, i remember the first does i took, i turned bright red and itched like crazy.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

marisalynn

Wow, that sucks! I got that with the Vanco, but didn't have any more problems when I slowed the infusion down. I would maybe try to slow it down even more. I know this is incredibly tedious to have to sit for hours at a time being infused, but it's worth a try. I'm sorry I don't really have any other ideas. I hope other people will! Good luck!
Marisa RN, 21 w/CF

marisalynn

Wow, that sucks! I got that with the Vanco, but didn't have any more problems when I slowed the infusion down. I would maybe try to slow it down even more. I know this is incredibly tedious to have to sit for hours at a time being infused, but it's worth a try. I'm sorry I don't really have any other ideas. I hope other people will! Good luck!
Marisa RN, 21 w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 21 w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 21 w/CF

marisalynn

<br />Marisa RN, 21 w/CF

ej0820

ugh! I've been there!

My main suggestion is to have the vanco infused over an even longer time. I've had vanco infuse for over 3 1/2 hours before because of Red Man's. You also might want to try and take 25mg benadryl and then take the other 25mg an hour and a half later, though I'd try this last.

good luck, feel better!

ej0820

ugh! I've been there!

My main suggestion is to have the vanco infused over an even longer time. I've had vanco infuse for over 3 1/2 hours before because of Red Man's. You also might want to try and take 25mg benadryl and then take the other 25mg an hour and a half later, though I'd try this last.

good luck, feel better!

ej0820

ugh! I've been there!

good luck, feel better!

ej0820

ugh! I've been there!

good luck, feel better!

ej0820

ugh! I've been there!
<br />
<br />My main suggestion is to have the vanco infused over an even longer time. I've had vanco infuse for over 3 1/2 hours before because of Red Man's. You also might want to try and take 25mg benadryl and then take the other 25mg an hour and a half later, though I'd try this last.
<br />
<br />
<br />good luck, feel better!