Resting vs. Max heart rate

ladybug

<b>Here's my other question:

Does it matter that I'm just getting over a bad cold that has moved into my lungs? I'm coughing up a lot more crap and feeling "rumbly" when I breathe, but I know its getting better slowly but surely. Sorry I didn't mention that before cause my HR was the original topic and that has stayed the same even when I'm well. But, I never checked my O2 when I was feeling totally "normal".... So, things like colds/allergies/reflux, etc. effect O2 during exercise?

Just curious. Not trying to not get O2. I'll get it anyway to have on hand, but just curious.

Thanks,</b>

ladybug

Does it matter that I'm just getting over a bad cold that has moved into my lungs? I'm coughing up a lot more crap and feeling "rumbly" when I breathe, but I know its getting better slowly but surely. Sorry I didn't mention that before cause my HR was the original topic and that has stayed the same even when I'm well. But, I never checked my O2 when I was feeling totally "normal".... So, things like colds/allergies/reflux, etc. effect O2 during exercise?

Just curious. Not trying to not get O2. I'll get it anyway to have on hand, but just curious.

Thanks,</b>

ladybug

Thanks,</b>

ladybug

Thanks,</b>

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

I was watchign oprah after the show, an old tivo'd one and they had some docs on there talking abotu nutrition excercise etc. The ? was posed what do you eat before excercise and they said if you are working out hard not to eat fatty foods before you work out because it can inhibit your bodies ability to circulate blood I missed some of what they were sayign due to a fussy baby but basically the arteries are busy with working on the break down of the fat and cant dilate to the degree a hard workout requires.

</end quote></div>

Hmm... if the foods you eat effects your HR and how your body circulate blood, perhaps reflux, etc. would also effect this?

I know when my FEV1 dropped, but I had been having more heartburn, my doc said reflux can definitely effect FEV1. So, perhaps the same can happen with O2 saturation?

Anyone else know anything about this?

(P.S. I have already ASKED my doctors for O2, so this is not me making excuses... I WILL try the O2, but am also curious if these other factors effect it simply out of curiousity.) If allergies, reflux, colds, etc. effect FEV1 factors, then is it the same sort of thing with O2???

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

I was watchign oprah after the show, an old tivo'd one and they had some docs on there talking abotu nutrition excercise etc. The ? was posed what do you eat before excercise and they said if you are working out hard not to eat fatty foods before you work out because it can inhibit your bodies ability to circulate blood I missed some of what they were sayign due to a fussy baby but basically the arteries are busy with working on the break down of the fat and cant dilate to the degree a hard workout requires.

</end quote></div>

Hmm... if the foods you eat effects your HR and how your body circulate blood, perhaps reflux, etc. would also effect this?

I know when my FEV1 dropped, but I had been having more heartburn, my doc said reflux can definitely effect FEV1. So, perhaps the same can happen with O2 saturation?

(P.S. I have already ASKED my doctors for O2, so this is not me making excuses... I WILL try the O2, but am also curious if these other factors effect it simply out of curiousity.) If allergies, reflux, colds, etc. effect FEV1 factors, then is it the same sort of thing with O2???

ladybug

</end quote></div>

ladybug

</end quote></div>