Ronald McDonald House

ctalbott0609

Thanks soo much Jada! I guess it's something I just have to get used to. I've always donated so that things like this can exist for people like us, but it's just kind of disorienting to be on the other side I guess. I'm super glad it's there though, because I don't know how we'd be doing the trip next week without it. I'm definitely going to stay though, and I'm sure I'll like it. Thanks so much for letting me know your experience! I'll post as soon as we get back from our Appointment....if I have an energy left lol!

ctalbott0609

Thanks soo much Jada! I guess it's something I just have to get used to. I've always donated so that things like this can exist for people like us, but it's just kind of disorienting to be on the other side I guess. I'm super glad it's there though, because I don't know how we'd be doing the trip next week without it. I'm definitely going to stay though, and I'm sure I'll like it. Thanks so much for letting me know your experience! I'll post as soon as we get back from our Appointment....if I have an energy left lol!

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

bgsmom

We stayed at the RMH when our son was in the NICU. The RMH was wonderful and much better than we expected. At first we felt badly for accepting something that was for people in need...but then we realized - we *were* in need. We needed a place to stay so that our resources could be used to keep our family together and keep our son healthy. Our RMH asks for a $10/day donation. They have told us that we can pay it whenever and not to let one second go by if we can't pay it. We plan to pay it here soon.

The RMH was very similar to a hotel. We were able to come and go and had a private room and bath (we did have a TV in the room). Food was free and everything in the house was made so we could feel free to use it. Our RMH was hardly ever crowded so we actually only rarely ran into other families. When we did, they mostly did their thing and we did ours. Everyone was friendly...but everyone was also willing to provide privacy. The main aspect that we appreciated about the RHM was their overwhelming willingness to help in any way.

It's awesome that so many people donate to and sponsor RMHs. They are fabulous and I would highly recommend using one if you need. We will do so again. But we hope not to need to anytime soon!!

bgsmom

We stayed at the RMH when our son was in the NICU. The RMH was wonderful and much better than we expected. At first we felt badly for accepting something that was for people in need...but then we realized - we *were* in need. We needed a place to stay so that our resources could be used to keep our family together and keep our son healthy. Our RMH asks for a $10/day donation. They have told us that we can pay it whenever and not to let one second go by if we can't pay it. We plan to pay it here soon.

The RMH was very similar to a hotel. We were able to come and go and had a private room and bath (we did have a TV in the room). Food was free and everything in the house was made so we could feel free to use it. Our RMH was hardly ever crowded so we actually only rarely ran into other families. When we did, they mostly did their thing and we did ours. Everyone was friendly...but everyone was also willing to provide privacy. The main aspect that we appreciated about the RHM was their overwhelming willingness to help in any way.

It's awesome that so many people donate to and sponsor RMHs. They are fabulous and I would highly recommend using one if you need. We will do so again. But we hope not to need to anytime soon!!

bgsmom

bgsmom

bgsmom

<br />
<br />The RMH was very similar to a hotel. We were able to come and go and had a private room and bath (we did have a TV in the room). Food was free and everything in the house was made so we could feel free to use it. Our RMH was hardly ever crowded so we actually only rarely ran into other families. When we did, they mostly did their thing and we did ours. Everyone was friendly...but everyone was also willing to provide privacy. The main aspect that we appreciated about the RHM was their overwhelming willingness to help in any way.
<br />
<br />It's awesome that so many people donate to and sponsor RMHs. They are fabulous and I would highly recommend using one if you need. We will do so again. But we hope not to need to anytime soon!!

crickit715

i have stayed in 2 different rmh....first one for over a month while daughter in nicu..staff was wonderful, clean rooms, no tv..but, everything else you needed and i was very greatful! the second was in baltimore and it was better than the hilton!!! it had 52' flat screens in the rooms and the whole place was renovated and our room was like something you see in a magazine!! the most impressive thing at both places was the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff we encountered....truly kind people!

crickit715

i have stayed in 2 different rmh....first one for over a month while daughter in nicu..staff was wonderful, clean rooms, no tv..but, everything else you needed and i was very greatful! the second was in baltimore and it was better than the hilton!!! it had 52' flat screens in the rooms and the whole place was renovated and our room was like something you see in a magazine!! the most impressive thing at both places was the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff we encountered....truly kind people!

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

Tcole

My daughter was in the hospital from May 18th 2008 until Oct 27th 2008. During that time me and my family stayed most days. We called it home. I was very greatful to have a place close to her. I felt guilty just because I felt like i needed to "pay back". The people were so nice and caring. We saved popcan tops to donate. RMH is a blessing for families in need. Our room was clean, but i always wiped things down prior to unpacking.

Tcole

My daughter was in the hospital from May 18th 2008 until Oct 27th 2008. During that time me and my family stayed most days. We called it home. I was very greatful to have a place close to her. I felt guilty just because I felt like i needed to "pay back". The people were so nice and caring. We saved popcan tops to donate. RMH is a blessing for families in need. Our room was clean, but i always wiped things down prior to unpacking.

Tcole

Tcole

Tcole