Room Moisturizing Good or Not?

K

kguben

Is it  useful to moisturize the room of CF patients at nights?i heard that in some cases moisturizing machines or ever other tools occurs bacteriological occurences on air which is very risky for airways of CF patients. Can you please help me with your information or experience both<div><br></div><div>Thank you</div><div>Kadri</div>

K

kguben

Is it useful to moisturize the room of CF patients at nights?i heard that in some cases moisturizing machines or ever other tools occurs bacteriological occurences on air which is very risky for airways of CF patients. Can you please help me with your information or experience both<br>Thank youKadri

K

kguben

Is it useful to moisturize the room of CF patients at nights?i heard that in some cases moisturizing machines or ever other tools occurs bacteriological occurences on air which is very risky for airways of CF patients. Can you please help me with your information or experience both<br>Thank youKadri

ymikhale

I was told that mositurizers are a no no precisely b/c of risk of infection. Water in them is far from sterile and CF patents risk inhaling small particles. I use an air purifier though for my dd's room.

ymikhale

I was told that mositurizers are a no no precisely b/c of risk of infection. Water in them is far from sterile and CF patents risk inhaling small particles. I use an air purifier though for my dd's room.

ymikhale

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be worried about mold and other germs. "Bugs" like pseudomonas have even been found in distilled water.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be worried about mold and other germs. "Bugs" like pseudomonas have even been found in distilled water.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

CJPsMom

We were also told that these are a no/no.  Much like the restriction on hot tubs, the moisturizer creates a water vapor that can carry bad things directly into the lungs.  <br>

CJPsMom

We were also told that these are a no/no. Much like the restriction on hot tubs, the moisturizer creates a water vapor that can carry bad things directly into the lungs. <br>

CJPsMom

We were also told that these are a no/no. Much like the restriction on hot tubs, the moisturizer creates a water vapor that can carry bad things directly into the lungs. <br>

Hardak

I use to use one now and then some as a kid, but I grew up in a dry climate to start with. IF you do decide to use one, I would replace the water daily, use boiled water that's been allowed to cool. (rapidly if possible). and sterilize the entire thing after ONE nights use. I deal would be to try and cut down on any microbiology concerns you might have.

Hardak

I use to use one now and then some as a kid, but I grew up in a dry climate to start with. IF you do decide to use one, I would replace the water daily, use boiled water that's been allowed to cool. (rapidly if possible). and sterilize the entire thing after ONE nights use. I deal would be to try and cut down on any microbiology concerns you might have.

Hardak

amber682

<P>We've always been told no humidifiers. In winter when the air in the house is very dry, we put a pan of water in my kids' rooms and empty and replace it daily.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>One nurse suggested water in a crockpot because it can be easily emptied and cleaned, but having a pot of near boiling water in my kids rooms makes me nervous</P>

amber682

<P>We've always been told no humidifiers. In winter when the air in the house is very dry, we put a pan of water in my kids' rooms and empty and replace it daily.</P>
<P></P>
<P>One nurse suggested water in a crockpot because it can be easily emptied and cleaned, but having a pot of near boiling water in my kids rooms makes me nervous</P>

amber682

<P><BR>We've always been told no humidifiers. In winter when the air in the house is very dry, we put a pan of water in my kids' rooms and empty and replace it daily.</P>
<P></P>

carmick

Why do you want to humidify your/your kids room? In my opinion, this is a risk/benefits situation. Sure, there is a risk, but if you change the water frequently and keep it clean you can cut down a lot of the risk. I get really severe nose bleeds, so come winter I run a humidifier outside of my room. That way my stuff doesn't get damp but the air is a lot better. But if I didn't have the need for it, I wouldn't risk having the humidifier.

carmick

Why do you want to humidify your/your kids room? In my opinion, this is a risk/benefits situation. Sure, there is a risk, but if you change the water frequently and keep it clean you can cut down a lot of the risk. I get really severe nose bleeds, so come winter I run a humidifier outside of my room. That way my stuff doesn't get damp but the air is a lot better. But if I didn't have the need for it, I wouldn't risk having the humidifier.