Routine

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what I've always done. Basically we have a schedule that we've done from day one and we stick with it. We're used to the routine by now. I get up at 6 and do manual CPT on DS for 20 minutes. We do that instead of vesting because he sleeps thru or falls asleep during his cpt. When he was a baby, I'd use it to get him to fall asleep for a nap or before bed. After CPT, if he has tobi, I put a mask on him and he sleeps thru it. Then I go get ready for the day. We wake him up around 7:30 to get him out the door before 8 for school.

We get home from work/school around 5 and we start his 30 minute vest treatment. DH usually keeps him occupied, while I fix supper. Now that he's older he plays video games -- used to watch dvds.

Then we do a final vest treatment before bed around 9:30 p.m.

We are flexible if there's something going on say in the afternoon on the weekends -- we'll do his vest after lunch. Basicaly figure out when we have to leave and work backwards to figure out when to start his vest.

Again, there's the importance of a routine AND teamwork. DH had to learn that yes he could go out for a drink with his friends after work -- he's done before I am, but he needs to get home before 6 'cuz otherwise the night is shot to heck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what I've always done. Basically we have a schedule that we've done from day one and we stick with it. We're used to the routine by now. I get up at 6 and do manual CPT on DS for 20 minutes. We do that instead of vesting because he sleeps thru or falls asleep during his cpt. When he was a baby, I'd use it to get him to fall asleep for a nap or before bed. After CPT, if he has tobi, I put a mask on him and he sleeps thru it. Then I go get ready for the day. We wake him up around 7:30 to get him out the door before 8 for school.

We get home from work/school around 5 and we start his 30 minute vest treatment. DH usually keeps him occupied, while I fix supper. Now that he's older he plays video games -- used to watch dvds.

We are flexible if there's something going on say in the afternoon on the weekends -- we'll do his vest after lunch. Basicaly figure out when we have to leave and work backwards to figure out when to start his vest.

Again, there's the importance of a routine AND teamwork. DH had to learn that yes he could go out for a drink with his friends after work -- he's done before I am, but he needs to get home before 6 'cuz otherwise the night is shot to heck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We get home from work/school around 5 and we start his 30 minute vest treatment. DH usually keeps him occupied, while I fix supper. Now that he's older he plays video games -- used to watch dvds.
<br />
<br />Then we do a final vest treatment before bed around 9:30 p.m.
<br />
<br />We are flexible if there's something going on say in the afternoon on the weekends -- we'll do his vest after lunch. Basicaly figure out when we have to leave and work backwards to figure out when to start his vest.
<br />
<br />Again, there's the importance of a routine AND teamwork. DH had to learn that yes he could go out for a drink with his friends after work -- he's done before I am, but he needs to get home before 6 'cuz otherwise the night is shot to heck.

DannysMom

We've had a routine since day 1..Do treatment when he wakes up around 8am, 230pm and 7pm.. I would do 2 treatments and then my husband would do last one..When school started. we got a vest and made new schedules..We would get up at 630 am do treatments, meds and eat breakfast on route to school at 745 AM. school got out at 230, have a snack in car at pickup and he would be doing nebulizer by 3pm.. Then treatment at 7pm again by my husband. We would do 2 manual and 1 vest a day..Prefer the vest in the am due to our busy schedule.. The key is teamwork, not only by the cfer but by the parents..

DannysMom

We've had a routine since day 1..Do treatment when he wakes up around 8am, 230pm and 7pm.. I would do 2 treatments and then my husband would do last one..When school started. we got a vest and made new schedules..We would get up at 630 am do treatments, meds and eat breakfast on route to school at 745 AM. school got out at 230, have a snack in car at pickup and he would be doing nebulizer by 3pm.. Then treatment at 7pm again by my husband. We would do 2 manual and 1 vest a day..Prefer the vest in the am due to our busy schedule.. The key is teamwork, not only by the cfer but by the parents..

DannysMom

DannysMom

DannysMom

dyza

What we done was to write everything down in a diary. Column for meds, for feeds, treatments ect. ect. Also with the times for each. That way you will find the right schedule for your needs, and more importantly you wont miss any treatments or meds, even if you dont know what has been done earlier in the day, you just consult the diary, so long as the info is inserted in as it is done.

We also entered times for toilet, noting colour, smell, and consistancy. How they slept and our feelings for the day.

We took this to clinics and it was easier to relay any feeding and stool info the doctors needed.

Craig

dyza

What we done was to write everything down in a diary. Column for meds, for feeds, treatments ect. ect. Also with the times for each. That way you will find the right schedule for your needs, and more importantly you wont miss any treatments or meds, even if you dont know what has been done earlier in the day, you just consult the diary, so long as the info is inserted in as it is done.

We also entered times for toilet, noting colour, smell, and consistancy. How they slept and our feelings for the day.

We took this to clinics and it was easier to relay any feeding and stool info the doctors needed.

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

<br />
<br />We also entered times for toilet, noting colour, smell, and consistancy. How they slept and our feelings for the day.
<br />
<br />We took this to clinics and it was easier to relay any feeding and stool info the doctors needed.
<br />
<br />Craig