safe around children?

ladybug

I also worked with young elementary children starting at grade K. I was sick almost the entire 8 months I worked there. I got strep and many many colds, and this was even when the kids didn't appear to be sick... sneaky little buggers!

I was also recently told when I'd been hired to sub for high school that during flu season I really had to watch it with my CF. Even though they're older, they're still germy. Now, I personally don't think they're THAT much germier than the general public, say working at a store, etc. and dealing with the public. Either way, I don't teach now and never did sub for high school. Sometimes it makes me angry cause I DO think I'm letting CF dictate what I can and cannot do...

I do agree with the poster above that we can't let CF dictate everything we do. If his colds don't get too severe or land him in the hospital, etc., it may just be something he has to deal with, but I would suggest rethinking it if his quality of life is suffering because of it. It is not a good life to have a cold all but one month out of the year (LOL... I know cause I lived that!)

ladybug

I also worked with young elementary children starting at grade K. I was sick almost the entire 8 months I worked there. I got strep and many many colds, and this was even when the kids didn't appear to be sick... sneaky little buggers!

I was also recently told when I'd been hired to sub for high school that during flu season I really had to watch it with my CF. Even though they're older, they're still germy. Now, I personally don't think they're THAT much germier than the general public, say working at a store, etc. and dealing with the public. Either way, I don't teach now and never did sub for high school. Sometimes it makes me angry cause I DO think I'm letting CF dictate what I can and cannot do...

I do agree with the poster above that we can't let CF dictate everything we do. If his colds don't get too severe or land him in the hospital, etc., it may just be something he has to deal with, but I would suggest rethinking it if his quality of life is suffering because of it. It is not a good life to have a cold all but one month out of the year (LOL... I know cause I lived that!)

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />I was also recently told when I'd been hired to sub for high school that during flu season I really had to watch it with my CF. Even though they're older, they're still germy. Now, I personally don't think they're THAT much germier than the general public, say working at a store, etc. and dealing with the public. Either way, I don't teach now and never did sub for high school. Sometimes it makes me angry cause I DO think I'm letting CF dictate what I can and cannot do...
<br />
<br />I do agree with the poster above that we can't let CF dictate everything we do. If his colds don't get too severe or land him in the hospital, etc., it may just be something he has to deal with, but I would suggest rethinking it if his quality of life is suffering because of it. It is not a good life to have a cold all but one month out of the year (LOL... I know cause I lived that!)